Home Forums Sasquatch Forum Todd Standing REVISITED

This topic contains 36 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  cyndie r 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Knobby

Jerry, I’ve never heard anything about a sasquatch sitting on Todd while he was sleeping. Is he referring to a dream? Oddly I dreamed about sasquatches last night. If he said such a thing I might have a problem too. There has been so much false information about Standing already passed around in the rumor mill that I need confirmation on that.

Maybe Les Stroud endured infrasound. One of the maladies associated with it is tightness in the chest. I know a researcher whose chest felt constricted and he thought he was dying of a heart attack one time.

There is more than a few seconds of video. The one dark one dubbed “blinky” by his detractors was filmed moving among the trees, undergrowth before he got the clear video of the face. He’s only released small portions to the public. He sells the longer versions. He also had a good bit more footage of the lighter colored one. So, he has more than a few seconds. You’ve only seen the little he’s released to the general public.

Jerry W
    Participant

Yea, it’s in one of his own videos. Les mentioned in the show that he had a dream about a heavy weight being on him. In Todd’s video he said it wasn’t a dream, that’s what they do they walk around closer and closer while you are sleeping and then will come and sit in you and Les only thought it was a dream because he couldn’t wake up fast enough. There are a lot of other little things like that in those videos, like I said, go through and watch them all.
    The story he tells about the clan seeing him and chasing him away and while he was running away one ran right next to him and started pushing him until eventually Todd fell and impaled his leg on a branch, then while he slept the Bigfoot saved him by patching up his leg so good that there isn’t even a scar anymore.

Jerry W
    Participant

Knobby, I have never seen any footage of ‘blinky’ running around. I’ll even buy it if it’s out there.

SCOTT O
    Participant

I’ve seen alot of his stuff too. I’m up in the air about it. I like Todd. He’s very intelligent and hands on. He’s a little full of himself but that doesn’t make him a hoaxer. I am jealous of his energy level though.
    I hope he never gets “missing”.

Knobby

Jerry, I have never heard these things you are saying, that a bigfoot pushed him down causing him to impale his leg and the bigfoot patched it up for him. Could you please link to something where I can find this. I would also like to hear from anyone else who might have info or knowledge of this.

Did I say running around Jerry? I said “filmed moving among the trees.” Look at the Discovering Bigfoot documentary Standing did; its on Netflix, at around the 108 minute mark. You said there was only a few seconds, that’s what I responded too, that’s its much longer than a few seconds of film. It’s slowly moving back and fourth, although obscured by branches. I’ve seen even more film of the dark one that’s not in the documentary moving laterally.

A criticism of Standing is it seems implausible that he could be getting such clear faces (and more than one). And I don’t argue I know they are real; I just don’t see any evidence saying they are not.

Standing does things differently from about any other person attempting research. He uses good zoom lens on both a still camera and a video camera, and uses manual focus. Most all others use cell phones or digital cameras with autofocus and limited zoom, and sasquatches are usually blurry because autofocus focuses on items in the foreground like leaves or branches.

Look at the documenary, you’ll see him working the manual focus to get a sharp image of the subject. He’s not close to it.

Most other researchers do nature walks looking for evidence on an occasional weekend. According to him he spends weeks at a time a lone deep in the wilderness, using camo or ghillie suits, and crawls around at times. A lot of researhers frown on being sneaky like that because it can make them angry.

Mark L
    Participant

The most Amazing video that standing has produced was at the very end of his Documentary when you can see the dark skinned Sasquatch looking at the camera from under a downed tree. You only can see a partial face but THAT is the real deal !
    I have seen one fairly close and THOSE are the eyes that I saw. You can tell they are much different that the rest, Much larger with a very deep and very dark look to them. The skin is the same and it has that same evil look on its face as the one I was face to face with.
    I do think that all of Standings photos and video’s are real but the only one I am absolutely convinced of is the one at the very end of his documentary with the dar face looking under a log at the camera. That is the Real Deal !

cyndie r
    Participant

Jerry:
    I am not claiming Todd is a hoaxer and I also don’t know if he is telling the truth. But I am curious to know what other kinds of evidence would you expect him to have? I’m always curious to know what others expect to see as proof. Because after thinking about the 2 examples you gave, I cannot imagine what he could have gleaned from the encounters as further proof or evidence.

We have heard countless times that these creatures are known for standing perfectly still, unflinching as if frozen in time. It helps them blend in and go unnoticed in their environment. If true, one would be lucky to capture a sway or a blink or any movement at all. As for the heavy sleeping incidents, it seems awfully fantastical. Yet again if it is true, what kind of evidence or proof could a person produce from an instance where in they were sat upon by a sasquatch? Maybe some hair?

chris422
    Participant

Standing comes across to me as honest.

Celia
    Participant

@knobby I don’t recall the story of a sasquatch sitting on Todd’s chest, but the story about the impaled leg/river rescue/sap treatment is in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqI_pHDds38

Knobby

Thanks Celia, he said he was running from a sasquatch at night and it hit him from behind and caused him to impale his left leg on something off a bush or tree. He got off of it and was loosing so much blood that he felt dizzy. He was trying to walk and slipped on ice and fell into a glacial creek and hit is head (twice) and lost consciousness.

The next day he woke up with the sun shinning on him and discovered he had been drug about 25 feet from the creek. He could see sasquatch footprints all around. And a sasquatch had evidently sealed up the wound in his leg using sap and herbs of some kind.

It reminds me a little of the story of the Indian who was snake bit and saquatches put some kind of herb on the snake bit and carried him down the mountain.

I’m sure those who view Standing as a hoaxer will declare this to be another lie. Standing did say he was writing a book chronicling his many adventures.

Jerry W
    Participant

Cyndie
    I guess you need to watch the videos, it seems to me he has been watching them for hundreds of hours and only chooses to show a couple of pictures of them with some slight swaying motion?
    My gosh, the man went to court to try and prove them to save their habitat, if he had anything more I imagine it would have come out. In fairness, his case was thrown out before he could actually present any evidence, but I think if he had made any evidence public, the case would have been heard.

Knobby
    Everything I quoted I watched straight fromTodds mouth on his YouTube channel. I never heard of that Indian snake bite story, but doesn’t it seem odd he now has a similar story to that and after Les talked about his dream Todd now has the same story too? I can’t say what’s right or not about Bigfoot, as Wes says “I don’t have one in my garage to study” , I’m Only going by the words Todd is speaking and the situations he is discussing and I just think if all of it were true there would be a lot more evidence. Keep in mind he says he can go out, and also take anyone else out, at anytime and find Bigfoot, so these are not chance encounters, he’s prepared to see them and claims do have done so over many years. He also has a reason for why there is not much evidence, because he says, the Bigfoot would think he is disrespecting them if he tried to film them, or something like that, I forget the exact wording he used.

chris422
    Participant

Because there is not more evidence, he’s a hoaxer? That seems a little strange and harsh.

Wayne B
    Participant

For me its that dark face under the log and eyes those are the eyes of something real and those eyes really do have that sinister look to them . That thing gave an air of not being friendly alright made me think of Mike Woolys encounter and many others. I dont know id be filming something with that intent on its face, the guys got balls .Yes he’s abit hyper but hell we are all different , that doesnt make him any less credible.

Jerry W
    Participant

Chris
    no where did I say he was a hoaxer. I’ve said maybe those videos are real and the rest of what he said is not. I don’t know. But I went from not doubting him to questioning it after watching ALL of his videos.

Knobby
    Here is his video talking about his experiences.
    17 minute mark he talks about getting sat on on multiple occassions, but watch the whole thing.

I just find it hard to believe after what sounds like hundreds of hours of waching and interacting with them as he says, there isn’t more evidence, it’s been 10 years.

cyndie r
    Participant

Jerry:
    I understand where you are coming from. There are lots of little stories which seem like coincidences to other people’s stories. So on the surface it could appear he is just making stuff up after he hears it from someone else. But really a lot of what he says has been said by many other people, not just one other person. In general it could point to a pattern of sasquatch behavior rather than offering up proof of Todd stealing stories.

Its clear there is one sure fire way you could tell if he is yanking your chain or not…Take him up on the offer and go out with him to see for yourself.

If you decided to do that please let us know.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.