Home Forums Sasquatch Forum Third Party Cookies? Please Explain

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Terran S
    Participant

Please delete if not allowed. I have been a member here for over a year. I am also a member on Tony’s site. I am in that sketchy demographic of over sixty and somewhat lacking in computer skills (speaking for myself only)!

When I tried to log in on Tony’s site, I couldn’t because I need to enable third party cookies. I couldn’t even send an email. Do the site owners get paid for my browser history for advertisers? I will not log in again if that is the case. Could someone explain what third party cookies mean for those of us who don’t know?

Gumshoguy

Steven B- Would be a good person to ask Terran… You should be outraged that your ISP ID number is exposed (72.28.55.69) labelled underneath your name… Everyone that posts here is tracked by their fingerprint (ISP) internet server processor has its fingerprint unique to your computer like a (VIN)to your car, boat, motorcycle, aboat; the ISP is a like a cyber fingerprint that identifies you snd the computer you use and allows anyone to locate you even right now.

————————————–

I find it amazing that public commenters and disrupters on the episode board aren’t confronted with the same intrusions.

m99

I agree, Steven B could help with that answer. However, if I were a member of Tony’s site, I’d have to ask Tony what gives?

Terran S
    Participant

I did! I can’t log I and the site wouldn’t let me send him an e-mail. Never been an issue before. So, I went to Facebook to try messenger, wouldn’t go through. I posed the question on his Facebook page. No answer yet.

All due respect to Tony, great podcast. Just want to know what it’s all about.

m99

Just wondering Terran, Did you try clearing the cache on your computer? Plus, as far as contacting Tony I thought maybe you’d saved his contact info in your email. I’ve saved Wes’ email in contacts just in case I need to reach out to him, so maybe once this is resolved you could save Tony’s contact information in your email contacts. In other words, if he is saved in contacts, maybe try sending him an email via your on email site. Hope that makes sense.

Terran S
    Participant

Thank you, m99. I clear my e-mails regularly and don’t normally keep contact info. As far as clearing my cache….not unite sure how to do that but I will learn! I think it was just so frustrating to not be able to log in without agreeing to third party cookies, much less change settings, etc.

Again, thank you so much for your suggestions!

Chris422🤠
    Participant

Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a website other than the one you are currently on. For example, you can have a “Like” button on your website which will store a cookie on visitor’s computer, that cookie can later be accessed by Facebook to identify visitor and see which websites he visited.

Terran S
    Participant

Good to know, still clueless as to why I can’t log in without changing my settings and agreeing to it. But I have learned something today and that is a good thing. I think there is very little privacy in the world today. Maybe I am making something simple more complicated than it really is. Again, thanks to all for your help!

m99

Kk’ Terran S, That’s what we’re here for. 🙂

Justin Z
    Participant

Quick anwser is yes. Google is a we all are currently programming googles super computer everytime we type something Google and Tesla. And others are getting sued for there ai technology. Basically he’s saying google and other company’s are in violation because ai technology is built to persuade people and change there mine “brainwashing”. parsa v.google for violation of the genocide treaty and 5g and ai technology. Check out the court filing pretty interesting he also has a website the AI organization

Steven B
    Participant

Hi Terran,

Chris’s explanation is good. You have email right? People can send an email to you? If so, send an email to Tony that way – don’t use the website. His email for business inquiries might work:
    theconfessionalspodcast@gmail.com

What is the website address you are trying to access? I could maybe go and see about the “cookies policy”.

Terran S
    Participant

Steven, thank you so much. I think I have a good idea at this point about third party cookies. As a paying member of that group, I was flummoxed as to why I couldn’t even log in without changing my settings. To me, that seems wrong on so many levels. No disrespect to Tony at all….I just think I will leave that group and stick with SC, which has never let me down. Again, thanks for your help and everyone else!

Chris422🤠
    Participant

You ever go to a website that asks you to accept their cookies? If you click yes, then you’re giving that website permission to track you on that website and others. Then that website sells that data to a broker who sells it to someone else like an ad agency or a merchant. Ever notice ads for things you looked at or purchased? Yeah, they’re tracking you.

You need to protect yourself.

Steven B
    Participant

No problem, Terran. You’re very welcome.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.