Home Forums Sasquatch Forum Stoked to report – I believe I just found my first print :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Gabriel H
    Participant

I’ll be fetching casting material and doing further documentation. STOKED! Just uploaded an initial photo. And wouldn’t y’know it – I just so happen to be wearing my Bigfoot socks 🙂

https://vsco.co/bcsasquatches

Lawrence M
    Participant

That’s a big one Gabriel! Deep with good toe definition,

SHANNON D
    Participant

Cool Gabe!!

Gumshoguy

Exceptional photos, thanks for posting!

pam
    Participant

wow!

Gabriel H
    Participant

Thanks yeah it looks pretty good. I’ll be heading back tomorrow to cast it

Knobby

Yea, that looks good Gabe. I’m glad you’re going to cast it. I think it will make a good cast, especially if you get good toes on it. It looks like 14 or 15 inches long. Bring a tape measure with you and see if you can find another possible impression of any kind either four feet behind or in front of it in line.

Gabriel H
    Participant

I will

And thanks man. That means a lot to me coming from you (even though it’s just a footprint from something we all know exists)

Phil C
    Participant

that’s a really good print. I’m anxious to hear how the cast and measurements turn out. Be safe.

Nathan E
    Participant

Wow! That was a great (sic) impression. Congrats on the find.

Gabriel H
    Participant

I’m gonna go with a lightweight hydrocal rather than plaster of Paris. I’ve seen this stuff used in human busts and the result was impressive. Very light in comparison and multiple times stronger. This may be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity (but probably not)

http://www.micromark.com/Lightweight-Hydrocal-1-2-Gallon

If anyone has objections to hydrocal, speak now or I’ll forever hold only pieces…

Sourced it at a local hobby shop

Knobby

Sounds good. Plaster of paris is too fragile, I agree. There are several materials people use for casting and that looks good.

Darrell O
    Participant

Nice photos Gabe! Good work!

Gabriel H
    Participant

Thanks Darrell 🙂 The hydrocal is setting as I type this 🙂

Knobby you were spot on – between 13 & 15 inches. Between 5.5 & 6″ wide

Knobby

Definitely sasquatch measurements Gabe; there’s no mistaking that. I assume that’s 15 inches at the big toe to heel. Around 5″ wide at the heel and 6″ wide at the ball of the foot is very typical for a sasquatch print that length — definitely not human. We have proportionately more narrow heels.

Earlier this month I found a 15 inch long print with those dimensions. The print had good depth but it only had an impression of the big toe because the other toes landed on a piece of bark; so, I didn’t bother casting it.

About 25 feet from that one, headed in the same direction, I found another partial track with a well defined 5 inch heel but the front of the foot landed on plants.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.