Home Forums Sasquatch Forum Shooting Sasquatch…

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Daniel O
    Participant

@Paul A and others above. I just wanted to mention on the 300 AAC used in the episode where the man was on a second story of a oak beam barn when he mag dumped on Sas with 300 blackout.

Generally there are two different types of loads for this caliber. First, there is the heavy weight bullet with a light powder load for suppressed rifles (less than the speed of sound) Basically Heavy/slow/quite Second, there is a light weight bullet with a higher powder load for unsuppressed rifles (greater than the speed of sound) Basically Light/fast/loud

Also when I was in the Army we were trained on single shots per target. We were given very little full auto training. That was mostly for cover fire support. Doing a mag dump when not scared out of your pants, you will miss most of what you are trying to hit. Chances of a head shot are near zero. Now scared to death? Odds drop even more. Hollywood makes it seem like every time you either go full auto or mag dump someone always dies. Not true.

chris422
    Participant

If I’m afraid and I have a firearm ready, I can either use a stance or fire from the hip. Hip fire isn’t very precise for most but your chances to hit go up a bit if you got a laser.

Daniel O
    Participant

@chris422 Have you ever shot a rifle? You ever shoot at a moving target? You ever shoot from the prone?

chris422
    Participant

Yes

chris422
    Participant

Have you ever killed a man?

chris422
    Participant

Without a firearm?

Gumshoguy

full auto or mag dump – “Chances of a head shot are near zero”

——————-
    I read all responses and generally agree with all points. There ARE TRUTHS and ac-curacies in all posts.

“Chances of a head shot are near zero” …and yet they there those who have died, as result of full dump.

When you’re caught up in the moment, You decide whether you want to Flee or fight, Do or Die. You can choose to Die frightened or Die frightened. You heart pounds out of your chest and everything even sound is blocked out momentarily as you succumb to tunnel vision Everything seems to slow down to snails pace in slow-motion though. In reality it is over in split seconds and shouting comes. Your ears ring; your nose stings with nitrates and spent gunpowder. You shake and shudder as your body regains control from massive amounts of adrenaline overdoses and sound returns back as though somebody turned up the volume.

————————————

True the military taught single shot targets and full auto targets. They also taught “double-taps” as does law enforcement especially in close quarters entry fighting. Full mag or “full auto” was and is still taught as last resort ambush response for survival where you have seconds to respond and need to get out of the killing zone by suppressing fire.

Celia
    Participant

I have nothing to contribute to the firepower conversation, but I am curious about the Virginia report mentioned earlier in this thread involving a female being shot out of a tree. No idea how I missed that one. Does anyone have the episode number handy?

m99
    Participant

@celia ~ I don’t but would be interested in seeing that video myself.

re: the whole kill a Sasquatch idea, I have a problem with just killing one for the sake of science. For one, it’s someone’s relative, and two, I don’t agree with the idea of “protecting” and sanctioning, off limits to us. I mean, what kinds of rights could human beings forfeit? And the Sasquatch are good @protecting themselves. It seems to me they come closer to humans just for entertainment and curiosity. Anyway.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.