Home Forums Sasquatch Forum Secure communications…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth E
    Participant

Secure communications… for those who might be interested. Pinkpagoda.org under the “product” tab. Unable to be decrypted.

Steven J
    Participant

That service would be no good unless it was backed up with proper security measures on both sides of the communications, as well as measures to prevent a man-in-the-middle intercept. You can hide communications and encrypt them, but actually “eaves dropping” is not the way most secure communications are compromised. Most are intercepted at the ends on your devices or those your talking to. If its important, get in your car or plane and travel in person and say it in an electronics free environment.

There is a reason that the Russian intelligence services are going back to paper.

The only secure electronic communications are old fashioned codes hidden in plain sight and text. As far as I know, the one time pad still is not able to be broken. Yes, there are lots of powerful algorithms, but all can be beat with the failings of human nature.

Elizabeth E
    Participant

Hi Steven 🙂 Actually, this is the method used to keep NSA whistleblower, Ed Snowden, safe, as well as Scott Bennett, among others. I thought some in the community whose communications are being hacked might be interested. As far as some of the older codes go… they are fun to crack… just saying… 😉 But just for fun… what I wouldn’t give for a set of enigma machines…

Steven J
    Participant

Thanks for the advice, Elizabeth.

I am surprised you don’t mention something with tails or even non standard os’s like any particular number of Linux based security systems.

I am not sure what you are referring to as an “older code” but I am assuming your referring to the one time pad. I should have been more clear and stated that its the only one not broken, but that’s because of its uniqueness.

For clarity of others that may be reading this, I will explain. A one time pad refers to a set of random placed numbers and letters in a grid fashion. A common example is a page out of a book such as the bible (never use a bible, its too common) each letter, number, and space is assigned a numerical value on that page from a preselected starting point to a preselected ending point. This means that each letter has numerous possible numbers assigned to it, likewise does the spaces. The message will resemble a grid of numbers. Now the only contingent is that the person reading the message must have the exact same source page used to encrypt the message. Therefore, each person must have the same identical version of the book in question. A book is not needed, as you can use a random generator to create the initial grid. The key to security is that you only use that page once, and then discard it. Hence, a one time pad. the one fallback is that its obvious to anyone looking at it that you have a coded document.

Elizabeth E
    Participant

Sorry, the “older code” was a cryptanalysis quip… and this is the newest security developed by folks in the intelligence and communications fields. If you are interested in it, check it out. If not, that’s cool too. I just wanted the info out there for the folks who would prefer to maintain their privacy. I’m sure that a few of the folks who have had their phones/digital devices tampered with might like an “butt out” option. Our government (and others) only wish they could access it.

Steven J
    Participant

There are several paid services that advertise this type of service. It still does not address the basic security issues that I alluded too. But seeing as how I don’t trust my own system to actually discuss the ends and outs of security on this site, I think we can just agree that people have a reasonable degree of privacy if they keep their systems updated, are careful where they go online, don’t download additional software unnecessarily, etc… However, as an IT Security consultant for law enforcement, I can say without fail that this service, like any other, is no good without the support structure backing it up on both ends. It only takes a pixel and the right vulnerability to gain complete access to a system. What good is using a secured method of communication without having a secured end user? I can ignore the method of communication by simply accessing your microphone or your keyboard inputs, or simply using screen capture. For that matter, there must be site and physical access security so that someone does not just sneak in and install something quick on your system and then have it permanently bugged. There are few people out there that practice low level encryption, firmware security, Bios administrator and user passwords, secure vpn’s, Live operating systems, and two factor authentication (the list goes on). It is this kind of attention to security that is needed in order to achieve the type of security you are claiming that this service provides. I am sorry, but I respectfully disagree. Your suggestion is akin to buying Kaspersky or Norton and feeling secure if used in and of itself.

Now, since this is a Sasquatch Forum, I think its important that we look at this angle from a sasquatch’s point of view. I do not feel a sasquatch would be affected by using or not using this service. Sasquatch researchers who feel that someone is reading their emails and listening to their conversations may have some interest. However, if they feel that its a sasquatch that is reading their emails and bugging their phone calls, I am afraid its too late because its obviously standing over their shoulders and they are about to be introduced to a new form of terror and pain seldom experienced.

I do not know how many sasquatches live or work at Pair Networks, or Rush Media and Communications in Pittsburg, but that does seem a bit out of the way for a single server used and housed in secure Guelph, Ontario, Canada, where I imagine a great many more sasquatches do inhabit. However, WordPress does get around and the Bethune institute does need something for communicating with its people in China. What disturbs me is the single article posted on the Pink Pagoda that makes a great case of scare marketing and a lot of claims to brilliance and success, yet has some glaring typos. I have no idea at all if the people listed use this service, but I do know that it has remarkable little presence on the internet Precisely, I can find two direct references, the site itself and one youtube video advertisement. There is far more references for the Bethune Institute, and for Jim Garrow. I do understand that this is a software owned by Mr. Garrow and the Institute, who, in his own words, was a clandestine agent for the US government until he was burned by the White House in 2013. That alone causes me concern as both the institute and the PinkPagoda were created while he was still an employee of the government, and yet you state that this was created to circumvent the govt intrusion? For a system that counts its users among the exhaulted, I would imagine it would have a slightly larger footprint on google, if nothing else. However, It appears that it is a ghostly as your posting history, Elizabeth. The mods may jump all over me for this, but the truth is, I am really untrusting of anyone coming on here with no history of posts, discussions, or time invested in the site and the forum. Without that basic level of familiarity with the rest of us, I feel there is a real danger of your somehow being on here with different intentions than what seems, especially since you are so strongly promoting a security service that has very little to even prove it exists. That, coupled with your continued push of the product even after my minor earlier observations, where you chose to simply repeat the sales pitch of the site… leads me to believe it would not be wise to use the services you suggest.

That last part sounded way more of a jerk than I intended, but the truth is I got on a role the deeper I dug, and I just don’t get a good feeling about this. You may be entirely legit, and if so I do apologise. If that is the case, I invite you to EARN our trust on here.

Steven J
    Participant

I caught myself with an error, Elisabeth, and I may owe you an apology. You have been posting a few times sine August of 2015. I may prove to eat my words and grovel. I tried to do some checking and I still stand by my words about the product. However, I will gracefully bow and apologize if you are simply a user of the product, and genuinely meant to only help out. Pardon me for being quick, but its been a little interesting around here in Bigfoot land lately. I am in a unique position of having witnessed harassment, but I don’t feel I have been a target. So I have been playing the fool on the mountaintop trying to spread the gospel about what I saw. What I saw was enough to make me wary of anything with this community and its right to exist without interference. I simply believe that not everyone is who or what they claim, and its a terrible feeling to feel now. If you were a victim of that, I do sincerely apologize.

However, I still stand by my position that the product itself seems fishy. The very fact its owned and created by an organization that was run by a self confessed former agent during the time of his employ has it suspect in my view as far as its claims of keeping Big Brother out of things. The feeling of a false store front is pretty compelling to me.

You can do your own internet searches for the registrations and who is who info about the organizations. Its pretty scant. But it all leads directly to Jim Garrow, a self admitted former agent. Even the intelligence services need secure communications, and this might serve that role against foreign governments, but you are suggesting this is good for the US Government.

Elizabeth E
    Participant

Haha, Steven, you are a funny, if intrusive man who just proved my point. That’s one heck of a welcome to somebody you think is new. I’ve been around since near the beginning and I usually only privately communicate with other individuals, not in the public forum because of the troll factor. The information is available to those who want/need it and they should research it and the individual responsible for it. It’d be foolish not to do so. However, the analyst in me thinks an IT Security consultant for law enforcement, or others, might just know how to invade people’s privacy, track them on their phones, listen to conversations they have no business in, access others’ computers, monitor who is actually putting real info out on Sasquatch, make life difficult for them, and have a vested interest in privacy methods not being used. I take it you’re a PRISM vs. Thin Thread type of individual? As far as Dr. Jim Garrow, he is a VERY honorable, moral and patriotic individual who believes in individual’s privacy. As do I. The Bethune Institute and the Pink Pagoda are schools and an organization dedicated to saving thrown-away baby girls in China. The new technology offered by the Pink Pagoda is something that individuals, whether researching sasquatch or not, that value their privacy or are being unduly harassed by alphabet agencies might want to consider after they have looked into it. I am just going to assume you are looking out for the best interests of the group and not assume that YOU are one of the agents monitoring this forum or preventing real information of the species from being disclosed. LOL! Btw, if you do really look into Dr. Jim Garrow, you might just find the tidbit where he mentions the “Giant”/human hybrid juveniles at an undisclosed location here in the U.S. Pretty interesting… And if you’re ever up my way, make sure you stop at Primanti’s for a couple of sandwiches… one for you, and one to leave the boogers in the area. 😉

Elizabeth E
    Participant

You are quite right, Steven, not everybody is who or what they claim to be. And the recent harassment is exactly why I posted the information. I can understand why you’re jumpy. I get it. No harm, no foul. Just don’t forget the Primanti’s for the boogers if you do head up this way… hahaha! 😉

Elizabeth E
    Participant

I can understand your doubts. This technology is quite new and good for the individual’s privacy, not any particular government trying to invade that privacy. The U.S. government wanted to purchase it because it will make NSA domestic spying obsolete if widely used, but Dr. Garrow refused. Same happened when the Chinese wanted it. Dr. Garrow recently discussed it on the JJ Abrams(?) show. It’s all quite fascinating and I felt it remiss of me if I didn’t share the info, especially for those being targeted. Me… I hardly think they are interested in me waxing on about my rescue critters (none of whom are bigfoot, lol). My interesting (to them) days of cryptanalyst, intel analyst and cryptolinguist are long behind me. I currently interpret just exactly where my rescue dog or horses want to be scratched, which is usually on their behinds. Hahaha! 🙂

Steven J
    Participant

Lol, my goodness Elizabeth.

Elizabeth E
    Participant

Haha, I know. Now that we’ve shown our behinds, let’s start over. Hi Steven 🙂 My name’s Elizabeth, nice to “meet” you. I’m generally a nice person, I’ve a whacked sense of humor, a deep love of the good ‘ol US of A, and an intense curiosity of all things Sasquatch, especially their communication. It quite fascinates me. Talk about “secure communications”, lol! How I’d love to have access to unlimited amounts of their chatter and the context in which it’s used… If you had to choose one thing about Sasquatch that fascinates you most, what would it be?

Black-YETI
    Participant

People please accept one thing…there is no such thing as SECURITY! If your on the net or even if your not it can be owned hacked and listened to. I lived very close to Ft. Meade if that gives you any clue and long ago all firewalls had back doors and encryption can be broken if they want it bad enough. XXX has a data center in Uxxx designed just for that reason. So if your afraid to have it overheard don’t talk on the phone..aka and get stingrayed by local LE as your driving down the road.
    To hide rf conversations from the enemy we now bury the signal in the noise floor and if you cant see it you cant step on it or try to intercept it. Alpha out.

Sheri S
    Participant

The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache.

Black-YETI
    Participant

lol sheri you must have seen RED DAWN.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.