Home Forums Sasquatch Forum Sasquatch population expansion?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    LoraLee A
    Participant

I keep hearing more and more witnesses tell of a first-time Sasquatch experience in areas they have hunted or explored for years and years. Most people seem to think they are being encountered due to habitat loss and more people in the woods. I kind of feel their numbers are increasing.

SHANNON D
    Participant

I think they are increasing in the South, due to the feral hog as a food source..

They’re doing fine

Gumshoguy

Of course it would difficult to prove, but as a data miner and researcher interpreting what others disclose in their reports I would use the term breeding like rabbits or busy bees to describe Bigfoot populations.

Frankie P
    Participant

I think it’s a combination of all. Explosion of deer in NY state and some others with predator loss, hogs down here and Fl., expansion of people in to “prime” living space, and illegal industries… More food and opportunities has to help survival and birth rates/survival. jmo

Knobby

I agree with Shannon about wild hogs running rampant, like in Texas and across the South, are an added food source. We need sasquatches to quell the exploding wild pig populations. But they have ample food sources as it is. They’ve been observed eating a wide variety of foodstuffs including leaves off of bushes. Like bears they probably have a wide variety of edible plants.

It’s been suggested that a sasquatches proportionately longer torso than humans could mean it has a longer gut, meaning it processes plant roughage longer and gleans more nutrients from it.

Sasquatches are not endangered. People talk about habitat loss as the human population grows but conversely is the dwindling populations of people who once lived in more remote rural areas have now abandoned that to move closer to towns and cities, depopulating some rural areas.

Statistical studies of family groups, mainly studying their footprints, suggests during child bearing years they average one child every 5 years. So, if accurate, they don’t have an exceptionally high birth rate. However, if you take into account exponential growth (the larger a given population the faster it grows), you would think at some point we should begin to reach a population explosion among sasquatches.

roger s
    Participant

Knobby
    you make sense. I counted an extraordinary variety of plant material available to them, a far more varied diet than we have I would think.
    I do wonder though whether they sometimes want to be seen, and if this is becoming more prevalent. They actually seem to want to have contact with us.

Knobby

Roger, according to the SC episode last Wednesday, the government might be killing sasquatches that are being seen too frequently, ones that are not shy about coming around and being seen by people. If true I wonder what kind of artificial selection that would lead to, if it leads to removing more friendly sasquatches from their populations?

pam
    Participant

Is it possible that due to more tv, internet podcasts etc. folks are more apt to report seeing a cryptid; more looking for them?

Steven J
    Participant

Now that’s a double edged sword, pam.
    Yes, the internet is a wonderful thing. It allows people to communicate over vast distances, shrinks our world, and generally increases knowledge.

That means that many people living in somewhat isolated communities in the past (not just physical regions, but socially as well) are now able to break out of those limitations and expand their worlds.

The can easily learn that they are not alone, and that others have the same thing, but maybe known by different names. They can find places that are more accepting of what they have to say.

It also means that more people can aslo fabricate claims more easily.

You can’t have one without the other.

roger s
    Participant

Knobby
    I haven’t had chance to listen to last Wed.
    I just find it hard to accept that killing them actually takes place. If it is correct you only need look back in history to see that you don’t make friends by killing off folks you don’t get along with. It can only lead to more violent encounters until they are wiped out.

Knobby

What I’ve read about them being seen in areas where they previously were not, and people wondering if their population was increasing, involves them encroaching on residential areas. But who knows what factors are involved with that. Maybe its because we are a less armed society than long ago and thy are becoming more complacent with humans.

But outside of possible warring among themselves they don’t appear to have natural enemies. So, outside of disease, parasites, and maybe themselves I would guess there is nothing holding back their population growth.

SHANNON D
    Participant

Forty something years ago there were no coyotes here in Mass. now we are over run with the eastern coyote witch is a hybrid with some wolf dna, the coyote is an invasive species that moved north… Maybe the bf’s are branching out, but I have seen newspaper clips of big foot type creatures in Mass., Vermont and New Hampshire from a 100 years ago, way before coyotes ever thought of coming here.
    As for predators, really what animal is going to mess with a big foot, even bears are going to give them a wide birth, the only threat they have is from humans directly or pollution of their environment as Mark Z. talked about..

Papa – Yeti
    Participant

Maybe in the den they are extremely passionate Randy horrid smelling Creatures, and thus they procreate quite well…

-I mean based upon their reported hand size alone, and their ‘Bad Boy temperament and track record, they must be breeding like Artesins? “~

Dave T
    Participant

I don’t know if they are increasing but from the reports and locations, I don’t think their numbers are slipping either. They have more food to eat in the eastern half of the country with the huge increase in the whitetail deer and wild hog populations over the past 50 years.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.