Home Forums Sasquatch Forum Sasquatch and Strangers!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    David R
    Participant

OK Here we go again! These are pretty good stories! I just got back from having a beer at my old watering hole with my neighbor. I asked one old tree faller if he ever seen, or heard anything related to Sasquatch, and he really didn’t believe in them. Then a new bartender over heard me asking about them, and gave me a strange look. I looked at him and said you must of seen something? He smiled and said OH YA! Then he told us his story. He was fishing for salmon on a river in Alaska, and there were 60+ other people there doing the same. Then believe it or not a 8′ Sasquatch came out of the brush, and walked down to the river. He said everyone there seen it while it stood there for around 10 min. Then it just turned around and walked back to where it came from! He said this happened before cell phones! So now he has a second story! ( I love talking to strangers about Sasquatch, and I want him to get ahold of Wes to get him on the show!) Anyways the second story. He and his dad were driving down a Highway in Alaska, and a State patrol was waving on traffic from a wreck I think he said. They noticed he was looking at something, and pointing at it. When they got passed him they could see a Sasquatch standing in a clearing that he was pointing at! I told this man to look up Wes on Sasquatch Chronicles, and he might put you on an Episode! I wish I would of gotten his name, and wrote down every thing. One last thing he said is the Sasquatch on the river was only about 30 feet away! I will go back and talk more about this. I want him on here so you people will hear his words! Thanks everyone if you got this far! LOL

David R
    Participant

I went back to talk to him again, and got more information from him. His name is Steve. I asked if anyone seemed scared, and he said probably not because everyone there was packing a gun. I asked if he thought a Sasquatch could take on a Grizzly bear? He didn’t think so. The river he seen it a was the Russian. The second Sasquatch that the State Patrol was pointing at was on a very slippery part of a highway, and he was making everyone slow down. Another story he told me has nothing to do with Sasquatch. When he was 14 he went deer hunting with his stepdad. He seen a buck and shot it. When he went down the hill to see if it was dead he heard some brush snap, and seen something brown. It was a Kodiak Brown bear, and it was coming at him. He shot it twice with his 30 30 but that only pissed it off. He then shot it with a pistol, and dropped it 12′ away. A game warden watched the whole thing, and gave him a ticket. He told him it was a BLUFF charge, and he shouldn’t have shot it. He lost his hunting privileges for 5 years. I would of shot it too! At 14 he should of given him a break!

m99
    Participant

@David R ~ “He told him it was a BLUFF charge, and he shouldn’t have shot it.” Wow. Wonder if the cop would have just allow a Kodiak to “Bluff charge” him? What a mean man. I agree, at 14 he should have given the guy a break. I’m so glad he was armed. My son was in Kodiak, Alaska. His wife was walking with a friend near a river. Suddenly a Kodiak went from zero to right there, and it stopped about 10 feet in front of them. I asked her what did you do? She said they raised their jackets and said whoa bear, very loudly. The bear looked at them and turned and walked away! Now, they don’t “believe” in arms, so she was completely at her instincts. Too close!

David R
    Participant

@m99, I asked him why they didn’t take it to court? He said his stepdad owned a sporting goods store, and could of lost a lot of business. How are you to know if it’s a bluff charge? Are you supposed to wait till the bear is 5,10,15,20 feet away? I would think there has to be an answer!

m99
    Participant

@David R ~ Yeah, good question, how are you supposed to know? No way you can. I’ve seen too many accounts on stuff like I shouldn’t be alive to know he did exactly the right thing. One guy walked around a stand of trees, a Grizzly saw him, turned to him and proceeded to try to kill the guy. He was marking trees somewhere remotely and had a partner, but the partner was down a ways and couldn’t hear anything. I think he was armed but it happened so fast he didn’t have time to react. Bluff charge my ass. If any kinda bear was to charge us, too bad bear. I don’t walk in the woods alone anymore. 😞

So if you see this, I hope you can recall our conversation early on (when we had discovered the site & were new in Washington). You mentioned a lodge and I had saved the link on the taskbar in tabs, but the dang thing, the computer, bit the dust. Since we got this new computer, I’ve been meaning to ask you the name of the place you recommended. It’s a lodge by a lake on the Olympic Peninsula. It was supposed to be a place to go this summer, and hopefully we will get to do that. Anyway, if any of that rings a bell, and you can help, thank you in advance David R. 🦅

David R
    Participant

m99, It’s Lake Quinault Lodge! I wanted to go fishing on the lake this summer, but it’s closed because of the virus. The Tribe doesn’t want people from out of town I guess. You will love it if you go!

m99
    Participant

Thanks David R ~ The place where we used to go camping in a cabin is closed, without a slew of red tape answering a long list of questions and witnesses, which we’ll eventually get done. I’m looking at the Lodge and it is gorgeous! Maybe I can interest him in going there. I want to do a tour of sorts to get familiar with the area. I want to hike and picnic during the day and chill out at night, hopefully around a fire pit. Anyway, thank you and hope to meet you one of these days. Thanks again David. 🙂

David R
    Participant

Make sure you look at all the rooms! There are some that overlook the lake! There are a trails that you should check out. There’s July Creek on the north side of the lake that you could have a lunch at. I love that area! You can spend some time driving around the lake that you could see some wildlife! BIGFOOT! That would be cool to drive at night!!! Stay in touch! I just might drive up there for a few hours with my wife! I’m heading to Raymond WA. today to go get a game camera that my cousin left out in the woods. It’s only been up for 2 weeks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.