Home Forums Sasquatch Forum Sam Houston Forest

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    Denise F
    Participant

Please do be cautious in that area, numerous people have disappeared from that particular lake area and the old ‘torn up camp’ location isn’t far.

Have your family with you at all times for safe measure.

Darrel B
    Participant

@Knobby that’s a thing, this gaiting you’re talking about? Wow. Good to know about the blackberries. My wife and I were a little jumpy on the way out after dark. Something was paralleling us but it sounded smaller than what I would think a Bigfoot sounds like.

@Denise
    F are you serious?? The torn up camp? My son and I walked around for a couple of hours in the dark, probably 10-12:00. Never heard anything, not even a coyote howl. I think he thinks I’m a little nuts for believing something might be out there. So what kind of protection should we have? Or maybe there’s a post about that already on the forum that I haven’t read yet? It almost seems like a camera might be your best defense! Lol

Denise F
    Participant

I carry a 9 (with a 19 round clip) but I think it’s more for hogs and big cats if anything. I don’t think anything would really help if something (creature) really wanted to harm you. Though I have whipped it out in front of some creepy hikers before, lol.

I don’t think ‘they’ are always out to get people. In fact I believe something out of the ordinary happened that caused the torn up camp incident….but I’ve found bloody clothes, a woman’s Nike and a toddlers baby doll/ blanket about 2 miles in around that area.

Denise F
    Participant

In a 3 month period (2017 I believe) 3 people went missing around stubblefield or lake Conroe off of 1375.

The toddler was gone 2 days yet was found with no shoes in a blackberry thicket just 300 ft from camp. The woman went missing and yet her body was found about 12 hrs later on the trail they searched numerous times. Lastly, Donald Phillips is still missing.

🤷

Denise F
    Participant

BUT…shit can definitely happen out there.

Darrel B
    Participant

Gulp.
    Thanks!?

m99

Donald Phillips still missing

Donald Phillips missing from Montgomery County Texas

I just looked up the disappearance of Donald Phillips to see if he has been found today, but he is still missing.

The above website states there are a total of three ponds approximately one mile from where his car was found in the woods. His car had been “burglarized” and items of his were found discarded in the woods by hikers.

The mention of the ponds made me wonder if the “monkey pond” is one of those and near the location of the infamous ‘torn up camp’.

As redundant as it seems, it’s best to take someone with when driving in the woods.

Denise F
    Participant

There are many theories on where monkey pond is located BUT I know they are referring to Kelly’s Pond and yes that’s pretty close to the ol camp.

There’s an interesting twist to this story on a go fund me that Mr. Phillips child started, to hire a PI.

I’ll see if I can find it…

Darrel B
    Participant

For me, this adds a whole new dimension to the hunt for Bigfoot. Whether or not this case is attributable to Bigfoot, it illustrates that “goin squatchin” isn’t a picnic in the park. There are bad actors in the forest, human or otherwise, and people are vulnerable to them no matter what.
    I don’t plan on being a victim next time I go out there.
    Thank you all for shining some light on the dark side of Sasquatch hunting.

Denise F
    Participant

Here’s the part of the GoFundMe that struck me as interesting…..

“I visited a diner where Texas Rangers have breakfast and posted the fliers there with notes asking for their help. I was told to file a formal report with the Rangers, to date no responses have yet been received. I even gained the support of local bike-clubs and after a few weeks of their help, something strange happened and they told me to leave town, not to ask anymore questions and to stop coming around and to accept that my dad just walked into the woods and got bitten by a snake… Someone got to them, clearly… However their commands meant nothing to me, the search continued.”-

Written by David Phillips-
    Donald Phillip’s son

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by Denise F.
    Debbie S
    Participant

That is really spooky and scary Denise. 🙁 I remember you talking about this man being missing before. 🙁

m99

@denise F ~ who said”…BUT I know they are referring to Kelly’s Pond and yes that’s pretty close to the ol camp.”

That’s a very spooky area, even without adding the Big Guy into the equation. Thanks for posting the update.

What a very odd thing for those guys to say to his son. I’m sure his son and others will continue to do what they need to do to find some evidence of his survival or demise. Really sorry for the guy’s hurt being piled on by secrecy & commands.

As always Ms. Denise and Chris, y’ll be ever so careful out there.

Darrel B
    Participant

I’ve heard many references to the ol’ camp over the last few months, but I finally watched the video last night. Definitely weird. But then I listened to Bob’s story about it on SC, and hearing about the missing people involved adds the “oh shit” element that is missing from the video. I’m giving Bob the benefit of the doubt here and assuming the story is accurate.
    I am familiar with the area and assumed it was somewhere off-trail deep in the forest somewhere, but when I heard him say it was right next to the lake where people launch their canoes, and seeing that his truck was pulled right up to it, a sneaking suspicion crawled up the back of my neck. Now, after watching the daytime video again, I’m almost certain that I know exactly where the camp is.
    Around the beginning of October last year, my wife and I camped there unknowingly. From the video, we were quite possibly on the exact spot where the tent was. We were there for a couple of nights, and I remember a bunch of duck hunters walking through the area in the morning. We hiked around there during the day and even did a little walking around at night.
    The funny thing was, on the morning we were packing up, the a group of Forest Service people came by and were looking for campfires to put out. One of them was friendly and told us that “there are better places to camp, other than here.” He told us about a pretty cool place just south of where we were, but it was not well known.
    I wonder if they knew about this camp already and were trying to steer us away from it?
    I’m on MeWe if anyone who knows could privately confirm the location for me. As in YES that’s it or NO, sorry try again. We’ve been talking about going back there, but I think it would be good to know if that is the TUC.

Darrel B
    Participant

After further digging into this whole story, I have decided to avoid the area all together. I will forever be interested in this creature, but I’m okay to just read about it or maybe one day see one cross the road in front of my truck at a safe distance. Besides, if one is ever fully brought to light, it’s just another reason to lock us all down in our homes until we are once again “safe.” 😉

Denise F
    Participant

@darrel

I’m pretty sure all the forest service personnel are aware of that place. Being local, I was told about it- right after the incident took place, from a researcher that spoke with Bob. I had no idea who Bob was when I was told of the finding. I became aware since he was very concerned I walked the trail with just myself and the kids. He was very hyped and a little panicked when he called to advise me.

I don’t feel comfortable giving out the exact location, feeling that would be reckless on my part, but I will tell you that if you were off of 1375 then only one location looks like the video. You were there, I suppose.

I have never experienced any type of aggression in the Sam, myself but I always prepare people (especially with children) on the possibility.

If the fs workers came that far out than they were checking the area….I don’t buy the campfire story 😉

*But then again, I don’t buy much of anything these days lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 109 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.