Home Forums Sasquatch Forum Politics News

Tagged: 

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  chris422 17 hours, 14 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Sangha K
    Participant

Syria: Kurds’ fury as Trump orders US troop withdrawal

Sangha K
    Participant

How Syria’s Kurds are trying to create a democracy

Sangha K
    Participant

From spy to president: The rise of Vladimir Putin

Sangha K
    Participant

Paul Hellyer talks 9/11, the banking cartel, global warming, and Roswell

Sheila
    Participant

Trump lovers, what about your boy now. What a great friend he is now. Leaving the the Kurds to be slaughtered.

Sangha K
    Participant

DONALD TRUMP, WILBUR ROSS AND THE ROTHSCHILDS

Sangha K
    Participant

Sangha K
    Participant

SYRIA | What’s It Like to be a Tourist in Damascus in 2019?

Sangha K
    Participant

CAMPING IN IRAQ (Banned by Military) Unreal Experience

Sangha K
    Participant

WEIRD HOTEL IN IRAQ – First Day in Iraq (not what I expected)

Joe C
    Participant

Could we all please encourage this Sangha person to kindly relegate these vids to his “General Questions” thread, or whatever it is called. It is intellectually lazy just to constantly spam post these vids to a new thread with no description or commentary. Do all that posting to your heart’s content in your own thread, Sangha bro, thanks, Joe C.

chris422
    Participant

https://www.unitedagainstnucleariran.com/sites/default/files/Iran%27s%20persecution%20of%20LGBT.pdf

Persecution of LGBT Iranians

The Iranian regime persecutes and discriminates against lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people. Tehran criminalizes and harshly punishes same-sex intercourse, provides no legal protections for LGBT individuals, compels LGBT children into undergoing brutal “conversion therapy,” and pressures gay and lesbian Iranians to undergo sex-reassignment surgery.

Criminalization and Punishment
    Consensual sexual relations between two adult men is forbidden by Iran’s Islamic penal code. Penetrative intercourse is punishable by death, while non-penetrative intercourse generally incurs a penalty of 100 lashes.

Intercourse between two women incurs a penalty of 100 lashes and is punishable by death upon the fourth offense. The penal code even punishes with lashes non-blood-related women who “lay naked [together] under the same cover without any necessity.”

According to the U.S. State Department Country Reports on Human Rights Practices for 2018, Iranian security forces harassed and arrested individuals suspected of being LGBT, in some cases raiding their houses or monitoring their internet activity to gather information. Individuals charged with “sodomy” faced trials where basic evidentiary standards were not upheld and were reportedly subjected to forcibly invasive examinations while in regime custody, which is classified by the United Nations and World Health Organization as potentially constituting torture.

In January 2019, Iranian media reported that a 31-year old man was publicly hanged in the southwestern city of Kazeroon based on criminal charges of “lavat-e be onf” – sexual intercourse between two men – as well as kidnapping charges. In 2017, Iran hanged a man who was 15 years old at the time of his 2012 arrest on charges of “lavat-e be onf” and murder. The executed man maintained that his confession was coerced under torture by regime security forces. In 2016, Iran hanged another man charged with “lavat-e be onf” who was 17 years old at the time of his arrest.

Therefore, gay, lesbian, and bisexual Iranians are forced to hide their sexual orientation and conceal same-sex romantic relationships in order to avoid arrest, imprisonment, flogging, and even execution.

Absence of Legal Protections
    Iranian law does not prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity. The state does not recognize same-sex marriages, civil unions, or domestic partnerships.

Conversion Therapy
    The United Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child has expressed concern about reports that LGBT children in Iran have been forced to undergo forced “therapy”—including the administration of electric shocks, hormones, and psychiatric medications—to change their sexual orientation and/or gender identity. According to Iranian LGBT activist group 6Rang, the number of private and government-backed psychological clinics engaging in “corrective treatment” of LGBT Iranians increased in 2018.

Pressure for Surgery
    Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, Iran’s first supreme leader, issued a fatwa (legal opinion) 30 years ago permitting sex-reassignment surgery. Consequently, the Iranian regime permits and partially subsidizes such procedures. However, because Tehran criminalizes and harshly punishes same-sex intercourse and treats same-sex attraction as a disease, the regime’s transgender policy de facto results in the authorities and mental-health professionals and families pressuring gay and lesbian cisgender Iranians to undergo unwanted surgery in order to be able to enter into same-sex relationships without fear of arrest and punishment.

https://www.unitedagainstnucleariran.com/persecution-of-lgbt-iranians

Sangha K
    Participant

Joe C
    Thats just what i did.
    I opened that thread.
    Please do the same..
    or post it here.
    But ok, yeah some of it
    could be in interesting videos.
    My bad.

—————————————-

MOD NOTE: Sanghka – If I may, I believe the point Joe C has made correctly is all of the videos are frustrating. I for one cannot talk to a video. I cannot questioned it, and if I did, it wouldn’t answer me.

Make a statement, share an opinion, express your thoughts or tell us about yourself, your experiences and engage (us) the reader. I personally, don’t have the time or will to watch every video posted. I’ve got a life beyond this forum and commits to meet, places to go and people to see.

Knobby

“Intercourse between two women incurs a penalty of 100 lashes and is punishable by death upon the fourth offense. The penal code even punishes with lashes non-blood-related women who “lay naked [together] under the same cover without any necessity.”

That’s not fair. Men are hanged on the first offense. It is true that in Iran’s Islamic judicial code it takes two women to equal one male witness in court (women are worth half as much as a man), but at least the women should be hanged on the second offense already! #MeAlso

Amy H
    Participant

The question knobby, should be, why would you think it would be fair? The entire system is unfair. Religion isn’t about equality between genders. As soon as someone has to be subservient to someone else, fairness is out. If one gender makes the rules, it will benefit them purposefully. Governments have to force people to treat each other with some sense of equality. If religion runs the government then it is hopeless until the downtrodden develop strength to demand change.
    It’s not about fair. That’s a western ideology.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.