Home Forums Sasquatch Forum PANDEMIC? CORONAVIRUS

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 631 total)
  • Author
    Nathan E
    Participant

As someone who has diabietes melitus II and therefore in the ring (if not bulls-eye) for Corona virus, I say the risk factor has been overblown. Yeah, some people will get sick, and some sick people in the risk categories may if they become infected. Circle of life, kids, circle of life. Lordy, we have become a nation of worryworts over this; it’s not like smallpox has made a comeback.

Nathan E
    Participant

Actually the main danger of influenza in general is not that it’s nasty in itself, it’s that the virus will soften the body up for negative complications like pneumonia. (Another delayed 50th birthday present this month; I got a pneumonia vaccine.) The reported death rate from China would be higher if they identified deaths due to pneumonia from infected patients who died. Not that I believe the PRC statistics anyway; multiply all their figures by 10 at the least, and most likely 50 to get the real figure.

Spanky
    Participant
    m99
    Participant

So my sister works in a not for profit rehab center for women. The staff has been directed to Not wear gloves, masks, or any other ppe. The women can do their weekend furlough as normal, and seventeen of them still get on a bus and go to group sessions and outings. My guess is it’s a political statement, but my sister is appalled by this non conformity to the standards in place. She was told if she doesn’t like it, quit (in so many words).

Knobby

Spanky, the article you linked to stated, “For those able to sidestep the trap of fear-mongering, it is obvious this disease is less of a threat to mortality than the seasonal flu and tuberculosis. COVID-19’s death rate thus far is minuscule by way of comparison, although the state and its media promise the number will rise precipitously and the only option is to “flatten the curve” by imposing authoritarian mandates, including the imposition of martial law, as is now the case in Italy.”

Good point m99 about people not taking this seriously.

Death rate in comparison to seasonal flu is the wrong choice of words. Rate is percentage who die. Whereas about 0.1% of people who get the flu die, the coronavirus’ death rate announced by WHO placed it at 3.4%. That number has been questioned as too high, but the death rate of COVID-19 far exceeds 0.1%.

Since last October to late February the CDC estimates 32 million Americans were infected with the seasonal flu and 18,000 died. By contrast, as of today while I’m writing this, 566,269 have been confirmed cases worldwide and 26,455 have died. And you have to take into account that of that 566,269 many are new cases so the actual numbers of deaths from that sampling will be higher than 26,455.

The death rate in Italy is around 9%. As of this writing Italy has 86.498 confirmed cases and 9,134 have died. So, in comparison they are half way to the estimated 18,000 who died of the seasonal flu in the U.S., and the U.S. attained that out of 32 million infected.

So, I have to say this article is a total farce. Moreover, a lot of people don’t take this seriously because of statements like is found in this article, that its just like the flu. I had someone inviting me to their home who repeated that its just like the flu, and they were taking no precautions. Many people are like that in the U.S. and the U.S. now has the most cases in the world, although I agree with Nathan that the People’s Republic of China likely greatly lied about their figures.

Wolf
    Participant

In Oz the government is enforcing stay at home orders with fines and arrests.

… Yet today in my state everyone is expected BY LAW to go and wait in long lines to vote in local govt elections! 😡

If you don’t vote (and thereby consent to local gift authority) you get a fine.

NOTE: the Aust people voted THREE times NO to Local Government in referendums! 🙄

Nathan E
    Participant

I will understand if Wolf feels put upon by his government, which on the one hand promotes separation, but then demands public interaction on its own benefit. Ohio’s progressing anti-epidemic measures are annoying, but the state government means well in its ham-handed methods and at least is trying to keep a lid on cases.

Speaking of the PRC and their government’s less than honest posturing… This just in; all the movie theaters that have been opened for business have been ordered to close again. Some unauthorized film footage has made it to the Net showing public brawling about breaking barricades as well.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/china-shuts-down-all-cinemas-again-1287040

Knobby

Nathan, another part of the article effects us all. It states, “Regulators have been discouraging — in effect, ordering — studios not to sell their unreleased feature films to local streaming services, saying that they must hold back the titles to aid in the eventual reboot of the country’s theatrical exhibition infrastructure.”

Heck, I know all of us here want to watch these Chinese films on a streaming service. This virus is just messing everything up! 🙂

SCOTT O
    Participant

Hey Wolf
    The WHO is run by NATO. I don’t trust anything they say. I still don’t know anyone that has the virus. I still think it’s strange that THE WHO ran a Chinese corona exercise in early Nov. Then boom, 3 weeks later we have an “outbreak”
    Stay well.

Knobby

Spanky, I should add that when the final numbers of deaths verses cases finally can be tabulated it might end up 1% or less. But 1% is still ten times more than the .1% that die from the seasonal flu. This is a serious disease, but its also a little overhyped, I agree. The biggest problem is the increase in serious cases that requires intensive care/respirators overwhelms hospitals, and if the number of cases reaches into the millions too quickly then the healthcare system will be badly overwhelmed; hence slowing down the rates of infection is important.

Knobby

Here is some helpful news from German studies.

One reason this virus is so infectious is because unlike SARS this virus emits high amounts of virus very early on in the infection from the throats of patients when people are still going about their daily routines. This viral shedding dropped after day 5, except for patients who developed a more serious illness.

How long are people infectious? Importantly, after a person shows symptoms the scientists could not grow viruses from throat swabs or sputum specimens after day 8 of illness from people who had mild infections. So, in their estimation people with mild infections are no longer contagious at that point, and should be safe to go back to their routines and comingle with other people by day 10 after showing symptoms.

People ‘shed’ high levels of coronavirus, study finds, but most are likely not infectious after recovery begins

This is important news because many people are still testing positive for the virus for weeks after developing symptoms, but they are not still infectious. So, this might shorten the duration of people who are quarantined after developing the sickness.

chris422
    Participant

Is the coronavirus a manufactured bug or is this pandemic natural?

Augustine L
    Participant

Good question. There is the story about the bat and the pangolin infecting some hungry Chinese citizen. On the other hand, this gentleman has different ideas. His name is Francis Boyle. Quoting:

Francis Boyle is a professor of international law at the University of Illinois College of Law. He drafted the U.S. domestic implementing legislation for the Biological Weapons Convention, known as the Biological Weapons Anti-Terrorism Act of 1989, that was approved unanimously by both Houses of the U.S. Congress and signed into law by President George H.W. Bush.

Wolf
    Participant

“Hey Wolf
    The WHO is run by NATO. I don’t trust anything they say. I still don’t know anyone that has the virus. I still think it’s strange that THE WHO ran a Chinese corona exercise in early Nov. Then boom, 3 weeks later we have an “outbreak”
    Stay well.”

My anger is not at being potentially placed in a dangerous situation…
    It is directed at the blatant contradictions… if this ‘disease’ is as dangerous as my govt claims (lockdowns, etc), why would they allow people to vote? 🤔

… and my anger is also directed at how my ‘govt’ ignored THREE referendums wherein the people voted NO to local government. Just more proof my ‘govt’ is NOT actually my Commonwealth of Australia, but a corporation posing as my legitimate government. The act of voting tricks e people into contracting with it… which is why I don’t vote.

Knobby

Wolf, it sounds a little like Iran. They didn’t put out warnings the coronavirus was infecting people, even to health professionals around the country, because elections were coming up and they wanted people to go vote.

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 631 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.