Home Forums Sasquatch Forum New Travel Channel Series: "Expedition Bigfoot"

This topic contains 26 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  chris422 4 days, 18 hours ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Bonnie I
    Participant

There’s no reasonable defense for referring to a woman or child as “Squatch Bait” so please just stop.

chris422
    Participant

Amy H
    Participant

Bonnie, as a woman, I see knobby’s post as tongue and cheek. Similar to his comment, I refuse to be offended by the extremes now playing on the far left. His opinion of the show was made clear. That’s all I see he was saying.

I’m not butt-kissing either. Knobby and I have had heated discussions and strong disagreements. We certainly will disagree in the future.

Knobby

Since it bothers you I’ll try to curtail my use of squatch bait.

David R
    Participant

Knobby, After reading about that woman it made me wonder if that’s how some people go missing. The person, or child hear something out in the woods, and go investigate it only to find out it’s a Sasquatch. They could imitate a baby, or child crying. Then again they could just run up and grab them!

Knobby

David, it seems they only nab lone people when no one is looking, and it may be that lone women and children are at greater risk if encountering a group of sasquatches of that mentality. They can be a bit cunning and use trickery and misdirection.

In the 411 books some small children were out of sight of the parent for less than a minute, like walking behind a structure, and were no where to be found again. But its hard to prove sasquatch is the cause since they are so stealthy. Although they have been observed making off with people. Here’s one such encounter.

Original source “Alaska Magazine” 1985

Story told by Jack Gwaltney to author Larry Kaniut

A pilot and his newly wed wife were en route to Anchorage where they would make connections for their honeymoon. The weather turned sour so he touched down in a Cessna on floats. He taxied to shore where he and his wife looked for a spot to pitch a tent for the night. Having found one, he turned toward the plane to fetch the tent with his wife following him. He heard his wife scream and turned to see a hairy biped running from the location toward the woods with his wife under one arm. The pilot chased after the critter before realizing that he could best stop it with a firearm and returned to the plane to fetch his rifle. He followed, seeing them three times before he lost sight of them. He found a particle of cloth from his wife’s garment.

He either spent the night in his tent and looked the next day or flew on to Anchorage and reported the event to the Alaska State Troopers who began a search but were unable to come up with any positive results. The wife was never found and Jack told me that the pilot was distraught and a “basket case” for years.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/stories/nome_pilot.htm

Celia
    Participant

Knobby, I see where you’re coming from on the use of a primatologist, but I think Mireya’s involvement is a good thing. Yes, she specializes in primates. That said, her research has taken her to some very remote places in search of animals that are unknown to science. I believe her expertise and past success in documenting elusive animals (who previously were known only as local legends) will serve the team well. I think Russell is a solid addition, too. I can’t speak to the other two since I’ve never heard of either of them. I’ll wait until it airs and report back with my opinion. 😄

Knobby

My one reservation is she’ll be making lots of monkey/ape comparisons to sasquatch, saying apes do this or that. Hopefully she’ll consult hominology some way. And I also wonder if the paranormal/bigfoot researcher will be injecting the supernatural sasquatch.

But maybe the Jane Goodall-esk primatologist will add a more scientific approach as opposed to BoBo whooping and banging trees while surrounded by a crew of cameramen, etc. I wonder if she is there to provide the cautious/skeptical view like Renea on “Finding Bigfoot.”

But the show hasn’t aired yet and it may be really good.

chris422
    Participant

You don’t think bigfoot has any monkey ancestors? No monkey business like they do with humans?

Knobby

No more than we do Chris. We have a common ancestor with those other primates, we are primates, but the nearest common ancestor is guessed at 6 million years ago. What do humans do that mimic chimp society? We can find commonality in certain behaviors, but like I believe it would be an error to explain/match human behavior based on monkey society, and I might be getting ahead of myself by ascribing how this primatologist will attempt to explain sasquatch behavior, but I think approaching it from a hominologist point of view would be a better fit.

I have my bias on what I think they are and I guess Chris I’m reacting to all the people on social media who have ascribed ape traits to sasquatches out of their preconceptions.

Knobby

**** UPDATE ****
    The show’s premier has been moved.
    The series premier episode is now scheduled to air on SUNDAY, Dec. 8th, 10/9c.

chris422
    Participant

You have a charitable heart Knobby.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.