Home Forums Sasquatch Forum Missing trucker!

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Denise F
    Participant

Still goes back to why he would stop abruptly and put on hazards and head towards a canal.

It’s really spooky out there these days.

Denise F
    Participant

I would do that if I thought a toddler/child was running alone and in the dark or an attempt to get a better look at something without thinking my decision through….

Janet B
    Participant

I could imagine that if the trucker saw something, “odd”, and wanted to get a look to be sure???

Can’t imagine that he would have, “chased after”, whatever it was, and fell or ?, into either canal, since we don’t have info on which canal it was.

Seems to me that whatever, “it”, was, that it must have been close to his truck, and that he must have thought he hit, something (?), in order to have parked the truck erratically, jumped out, not locked doors, and gave chase?

Doubtful we will ever get the entire story..particularly if there IS something, “odd”, about it.

Jan B

Janet B
    Participant

Sad news, Mr. Bains was found deceased in the Mendota Canal, which I believe is the canal to the east of where his truck was found.

Coroner has ruled drowning, as the cause of death. Not too sure about that. The Mendota Canal appears to be about 1/3 to 1/2 mile to the east, (maybe it’s more, as it’s hard to use the mileage gauge on the map I had).

Considering he was diabetic, perhaps he went into a diabetic spiral, and wandered that way, and fell into the canal? My Mum was diabetic, and had 2 instances of almost going into diabetic shock. During those episodes, she was totally unresponsive, and could NOT have gotten off the couch even if she’d wanted to. Every person being different in their reactions to things, I am still left wondering why/how he’d be wandering around sinking into diabetic shock, and was still functional enough to walk/wander that distance.

Think there’s more to this than anyone is going to talk about. Sure would be interesting if DOT would spill the beans about his truck/trailer…but doubtful they will.

They will close the case likely, with no further input. Prayers for his family, and I hope they can find closure with the coroner’s results.

Jan B

Debbie S
    Participant

Sad…incredibly sad. But I have seen and know of instances where a diabetic haze has caused people to do all sorts of irrational stuff. Serious stuff. 🙁 However, DOT removing that truck to an undisclosed location is intriguing but we will probably never know why.

Janet B
    Participant

Hey Debbie

Have to agree…DOT is never going to tell us anything…and to me, at least, as fast as the coroner came to a decision about cause of death, doesn’t indicate all that thorough a look see. I’d sure like to know more, but that’s as likely as me running a marathon.

As a truck driver, Mr. Bains would have only been on oral meds for his diabetes…you can’t be on insulin and legally drive. More of a, “management”, issue, than a heavy duty case of diabetes requiring injections. Doesn’t mean he wasn’t in a haze…but the motorist who saw him out of his truck and heading towards the trailer, didn’t indicate he was staggering or anything. He’d just left his home in Fowler, so it’s hard for me to think that he got into diabetic difficulties that quickly?

As you say, so very sad. Such a shame that the new baby boy will never get to know his Grandpa.

I still feel there’s something stinky about all of this.

Jan B

Denise F
    Participant

Hardest thing about these cases is we follow them and get concerned but are always left wondering what really happened.

I’m sure his family is struggling with so many unanswered questions and I think that sometimes that is the hardest part.

??

Janet B
    Participant

Hey Denise,

Agree…DP often ends his case reports with his hopes of the family being able to find closure.

I would almost hope that the family would ask for a fuller autopsy, but doubt that they’d be successful with that. As confounded as the authorities were I’d suppose they will want to close this out as quickly as possible.

If it were one of my family….I’d be asking how he got to the canal and how he fell in and drowned. The distance from where he left his truck to the Delta-Mendota canal is about 3,000 feet. Canal is about 18 feet deep and the water while appearing slow actually flows at a pretty good clip. Sides of canal are not terribly steep, so you might be able to pull yourself out. Believe they said they found the body about 2 miles south of his truck.

For me, they’ll always be way too many unanswered questions about this one.

Jan B

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.