Home Forums Sasquatch Forum Missing trucker!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Thomas W
    Participant
    BirdMama
    Participant

Sounds like another 411 case. I really feel for his family 🙁

Steven B
    Participant

May he, by God’s mercy and grace, be found safe. This is so sad.

Janet B
    Participant

OMG! Hubby is a trucker, runs the Inter-mountain West…mostly Montana, Idaho, Wash, Oregon and northern California.

Very strange, sure do hope he’s found, alive and well. Poor family must be going out of their collective minds.

Jan B

Denise F
    Participant

I have recently been looking into some Texas cases and I’ve found numerous that are mysteriously pulling over and leaving their vehicles, phones and wallets.

Majority are white males 30-60 (just an average). All have had a visible tattoo I’ve noticed also.

Extremely weird. I can count only a handful things that would make me pull over but few would make me get out of my vehicle.

It’s very sad and scary.

Denise F
    Participant

Spooky is that the truck was found idling at 5 am and the location is between a canal and San Luis wildlife refuge. ?

Mike D
    Participant

Yikes?

Janet B
    Participant

Hey Denise….THAT makes me very, very glad that my husband drives team, and has
    no tatoos.

Got to thinking about the missing trucker, and the fact that the truck was just left idling….that sometimes happens if a gentleman is stepping out to, “wet a tire”, and
    might be a reason his personal effects were found in the truck.

Normally, at least per husband, guys will step between the truck and trailer on the
    off side of the road…little more privacy that way.

Any idea of whether the canal or the refuge was on which side of the truck? I’d be wondering about big folks if the truck passenger door was on the refuge side, which would usually have the driver doing whatever on the passenger side.

Only other reasons I can think of that a driver would stop, and idle might be, he got a warning light from a reefer, if he was pulling one. He thought he had a malfunction of tires, glad hands, etc. Maybe even noticing a trailer light that’s gone out? Leaving the truck idling, is a pretty sure sign he was just figuring to be out of the truck for a few minutes. Lots of drivers if they solo, and getting sleepy might decide to stop and jump out, walk around for a few minutes, to get themselves to wake up a little. Hope they get/got DOT to come out and go over the truck and trailer to see if they can find anything that might have caused him to pull over and jump out. Hope as well that they got a SAR canine team out to try to track where he could have gone.

Odd idea here….I’ve heard that folks that are diabetic (on insulin), can be scented by dogs and perhaps other animals?

Sure hope we hear some good news that they found the guy and he’s just fine.

Jan B

Denise F
    Participant

I noticed another article said that his truck was found blocking the entrance to the right lane on freeway….which makes me think something made him stop quickly and jump out??

Most truck drivers would pull over and make sure they and others are safe before bathroom breaks, ect. That really makes me wonder what made him stop abruptly. ?

Map showed canal on the west and refuge on east side.

Denise F
    Participant

Woman are told all the time to be careful and actions to avoid to keep safe.

I told my best friend’s husband, a truck driver, to NEVER EVER pull over….and if he does, do everything you can to not get out for ‘strange’ circumstances.

Denise F
    Participant

One last thought (I promise ?) on truck driving…..

Down here in Texas, especially driving truck in South Texas is a whole other ball game. I have friends who drive haz mat for oil companies and it’s common for the cartel to leave tremendous amounts of cash in duffels and other containers on the side of the road. Most local drivers know not to EVER try and pick up one of these bags and think you can get away with it.

The first time I heard of this I remember thinking ‘what would it feel like to drive by $500,000.00 in cash?’ I’m sure it sucks but I’d be alive for it to suck I suppose ?

Steven B
    Participant

“Got to thinking about the missing trucker, and the fact that the truck was just left idling….that sometimes happens if a gentleman is stepping out to, “wet a tire”, and
    might be a reason his personal effects were found in the truck.”

It reminds me of Tracy G (Episode 75) – where he was doing exactly that and one came for him. The only thing that probably saved him was he was carrying a .45 auto. When the BF saw that pointing at his face it took off. Tracy was so shocked that he forgot to take the safety off until the thing was running away. It might have been a different story had he not been armed.

Janet B
    Participant

Checked this morning, no luck. They’ve had SAR teams out looking for him, and a large number of his family are there trying to help find him.

Agree Denise, that as he was blocking part of the right lane, that’s not a place a trucker would stop to get out and take care of business.

If, as I believe is Federally mandated, he was running logs on the computer in the truck, they may be able to pinpoint very close to when he stopped, time wise. Perhaps that would give them a better idea of how far he could have gotten. Noticed that he was pulling a reefer, per the article.

I can’t imagine what would have induced him to stop and get out of the truck under the circumstances they’re giving in the newspaper.

I’m familiar with where he was at when he stopped…nothing much there..and it sure doesn’t sound like anyone was after his load. He was headed to Fairfield, CA, where I used to live, he could have had a load of meat or produce for the Commissary at Travis AFB, right outside of Fairfield.

I feel so badly for he and his family, and hope if nothing more, that they are able to find him.

Jan B

Denise F
    Participant

I don’t want to say too much yet until I have a chance to look into other areas in Texas first but I’m finding that many of the disappearances of these men involve a strange ‘confusion’ of sorts right before they go missing. It’s extremely odd.

If you look at this case, if he was taken… It wasn’t for an apparent robbery so what would be the value of him unless it’s their ‘bodies’???

Yes, a random person could be targeting them for violence but I don’t know about someone hanging out in remote places just waiting and waiting for a victim.

If he pulled over and jumped out without calling anyone first, truck left on the road idling … Could he have been in a weird state of confusion?

Pray for his return ?

Janet B
    Participant

Hey Denise,

Certainly could be a possibility. Husband carries DEF (I believe it’s called), in a separate tank on his rig. First time they went out with it, they were getting fumes inside the cab…it made them both sick…which caused them to turn around and go right back to the yard.

Doubtful, at least to me that most truckers if only planning on a quick in and out of the truck would call anyone prior to jumping out.

It will likely get stranger yet, if they discover that the truck had been idling for hours…most trucking companies would have sent the driver a message on the computer, asking why the long idle, which might mean he’s an owner/operator, and wouldn’t have anyone checking on him.

Like you, I’m praying he’s found safe.

Jan B

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.