Home Forums Sasquatch Forum Looking for Bigfoot. Need a good spot. NJ, NY, PA area.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    John B.
    Participant

Anyone have a good bigfoot spotting site near NY, NJ, PA? Looking to make a day trip to see the fall colors and maybe see some structures and a sasquatch if I’m really lucky. Needs to be easy to access and a easy to walk. I’ll most likely be alone so if I fall on rugged terrain it might be bad.

• This topic was modified 7 months ago by John B..
    Lawrence M
    Participant

Definitly Northern NJ or the Hudson Valley
    You can pickup dozens of trail heads off both sides of the Huson River. At the Bear Mountain park office they have trail maps. Give the Bigfoot Researchers of Hudson Valley a call to find out recent activity.

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by Lawrence M.
    John B.
    Participant

Thanks!

Ryan C
    Participant

I live in NJ. There’s absolutely some good locations in the Wharton State Forest (Pine barrens) especially in the fall, and NW NJ (High Point etc). Hudson Valley NY, and many locations in the Adirondacks. I go to the ADK at least once to twice a year. I’ve been in love with the ADK since my father took my hiking/camping every year as a child growing up. I just fell in love with that park. To me, there’s no better place on earth. Sasquatch or not, it’s beautiful and the fall is the best time to go. And I personally have had major action NW of Lake George, near Pharoah Lake Wilderness Area and Rogers Rock. Good luck.

John B.
    Participant

@Ryan C, Hmmmm. I thought I replied to this, but I guess I forgot to hit send or something. Anyway, thanks for the tips, Ryan! I rode my Harley up to high point many times, though I’ve never been on any of the trails, I’ll definitely check it out, especially since it’s pretty nearby.

The ADK looks fantastic. I’ll probably do a weekend up there this spring. I went to their website and downloaded their maps and stuff, so now I’ll be able to plan things out. I doubt my bones can handle camping anymore, but I see that there are hotels and stuff nearby.

Lake George is another place I’ve been to many times. My friends and I used to camp on that big island, it’s called Long Island, I believe. I used to camp there every Memorial and Labor day weekend for a few years until the rangers got sick of us. I’ll probably head up there again this spring without my boozy friends.

Thanks again for the tips!

Augustine L
    Participant

They are everywhere there is cover, a dependable water supply, and anything edible.
    Everywhere except right in cities in the daytime. Find national forest by a river or lake/pond, that is accessible by vehicle, and that isn’t popular with other humans already.

You don’t have to go too far in. I think they like to watch the traffic, so close to roads is fine. Set up a little day camp. If you play an instrument, bring it and play it. If not, sing some songs as you go about lunch or w/e. Get ready to be peeked at and eventually seeing at least an arm. Maybe they will sing with you. Have fun. Go with at least one other person and use a gps transponder doodad.

John B.
    Participant

@auggie, thanks for the good suggestions! I’ll probably be alone or I should have a dog by then, so I’ll go with the dog. I’ll look into one of those GPS beacons as well. I’m not too worried about dying out there though. Dying out in nature would not be a bad thing as opposed to a hospital bed somewhere. I’ve actually been thinking that, when the time draws near, I’ll rent a car and travel around this beautiful country and look for a nice place to kick the bucket. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.