Home Forums Sasquatch Forum Guys, I just came across a large fresh bear kill

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Gabriel H
    Participant

I’m still on site. All appendages and head removed. Body cavity emptied. I’ll upload photos and chuck a good video on YouTube later for your scrutiny

~Gabe~

SHANNON D
    Participant

Poachers?

Gabriel H
    Participant

Always a possibility. Or as my 14yr old son said, “The deer fought back, and won” lol. Definitely not a for sure but I think you’ll find the photos interesting

Gabriel H
    Participant

Posted photos. Still in field and video will eat too much data. Will post video to YouTube later.

Any impressions welcome. Particularly castable ones 😉

Thanks. Enjoy

https://vsco.co/bcsasquatches

toomuch
    Participant

Gabe,
    I really enjoy your photos. Without a hunting background, I have no idea about the cause of the dead bear. However, it does look like you’re in prime habitat. While inspecting the bones, have you noticed any bite or blade marks? Keep up the good work.

SHANNON D
    Participant

Wow, that bear is pulled apart! Either a grizzly, or hmmm what else?

Gabriel H
    Participant

Thanks for the reminder, toomuch, I had wanted to state that but forgot. There’s a type of scavenging bird here that I haven’t identified yet. I noticed two in the air, and therefore looked on the ground under them. There were three more on the ground in close quarters. They appeared to be standing on/around the animal’s abdomen. Sure enough, the bear appeared to have scavenging tatters, primarily on the inside abdominal contents-facing spine. The animal is cleaned out beautifully and there appeared to be no teeth marks on any of the bones that I could otherwise see. Every photo on that VSCO page is taken within an approximate 10 sq mile area, and I haven’t even begun formally investigating north of town ~ where they are for sure. I’ve had most of my audio-based encounters with them on/around one single plateau of about 600′ elevation, approximately 4 miles (crow-style) north of the city. Due to being a single father of three teenagers I’ve had to keep my investigating days within cellphone-reception-range. Now that school is done (as of today) I feel better about starting to investigate this plateau to the north – OUT of cellphone reception.

Thanks again toomuch

Steven B
    Participant

Hi Gabe

I hunt, but the photos don’t strike me as a poacher’s kill. Generally, poachers would kill a black bear and get its gall bladder – there’d be no point in all that dismemberment. Did the area look like a struggle of any kind took place? You may wish to report it to local game authorities…they’d be able to determine if humans were involved.

Gabriel H
    Participant

Thanks Steven I will consider that.

SHANNON: lol oversized exceedingly fast ground sloths?

Sam T
    Participant

very interesting. great photos thanks for sharing.

Shelly S
    Participant

Gabriel-This goes without saying. Please be careful! Great pictures. You got some balls!

Gary R
    Participant

That’s for sure Shelly. Keep your head on a swivel out there Gabriel. I also agree with Shannon, you’ve run into some real carnage there. Thanks for sharing!

m99

A Hungry Bigfoot did that, or so “they” say – that BF kill bears, that is.

Gabriel H
    Participant

Really you guys aren’t into the oversized exceedingly fast ground sloth idea hey? Well okay we’ll go with Sasquatch if y’all say so ?

Yeah, inconclusive but inner-resting nonetheless. I wish I could grab some of you guys and bring you up here.

For some odd reason (just sayin…) the video I took refuses to upload to YouTube yet I can watch it fine on my iPhone… That’s alright though. It’s of the same thing, plus a tree line and two small ponds. These things are everywhere. No biggy

Thanks Sam, Gary, et. all.

Glad you enjoyed. I will keep the updates flowing as things develop. I wish I could afford some trail cams

Thanks again guys
    ~Gabe~

Monkey422Paw
    Participant

Perhaps it was a bigger bear with monkey hands that did this. lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.