Home Forums Sasquatch Forum Encounter on the riverbank

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  cheryl z 21 hours, 25 minutes ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

cheryl z
    Participant

Back in the summer of 2012 in northern Michigan along the banks of the mainstream Ausable river, the men decided to do an early evening kayak that was about a 2 hour float, we put them on the river and us gals along with my 14 year old grandson drove to the landing they would get out at , it was a hot one so we took our chairs and because the river is so shallow we sit right in the river. We had been there about an hour and when we arrived and set our chairs out ,there was this awful smell ,like something dead, now we were at this landing the day before and this smell was not present,so as we sat and visited our chairs facing the landing and a steep heavy treed bank behind us no houses on that side of river we had an uneasy feeling, my grandson was skipping stones and there was this huge splash behind our chairs off the bank behind us, I ask my grandson did you do that ? he said no it was over behind you and pointed,I turned and looked at the river where there was some ripples ,hmm that was strange, but sat awhile longer and the bugs started to get bad and that with the smell and uneasy feeling of being watched I said lets go to the truck the guys should be coming ,so we took our chairs and opened the tail gate on the truck put them in and got in the truck, now this landing is very remote and wooded ,I opened my window as we sat there we heard like 2 tree knocks..I joked with my grand saying did you hear the tree knocks..well it was almost dark when the guys came in we loaded the kayaks and headed home..the next day another HOT one so we decided to go swim , we went back to that landing and once at the river for about 10 minutes NO SMELL I looked across the bank and there was a huge deer shoved in the exposed roots of a tree on the waters edge , we waded over for a closer look and the only thing missing was the head,and how it was weaved into the roots was strange, I never gave it another thought until I started listening to your show , although we never seen anything the uneasy feeling, the huge rock thrown in the river , the smell and knocks all add up, I think do to the heat he wanted to store his food in the cool rivers edge or was hunting and we were not wanted, we have a cabin there so we are there all summer , we have also heard some strange noises around cabin at night, thanks for letting me share

Teresa V
    Participant

Cheryl, that’s pretty interesting how the deer was woven through the roots. I wonder what they did with the deer’s head.

Debbie Chamberlin
    Participant

Wow Cheryl! Maybe talk to Wes Germer about it?
    I think the Sasquatch ate the head first, left the rest of the
    deer’s body among the tree roots to keep cool for later?

cheryl z
    Participant

I agree they stored the deer for later..we left to come home the next day so we did not get back up for another week and it was gone..

Denise F
    Participant

Thanks Cheryl, very interesting about the deer in the exposed roots. Could you see if any had been eaten yet (besides missing it’s head)? I have come across a few animals that were intact, besides where the entrails had been taken out so I was just curious.

Gumshoguy

@CZ- I hope you read this post and respond back. I am a Michigan boy too. I belong with and associate with a fairly large group of Michigan BF researchers and enthusiasts. From around the Southeast portion of the state but some of the guys are from the West Branch area of Ogemaw County. We have over 20 people in this group and many of these are exceptionally bright people with doctorate degrees, some are retired government statisticians, college professors, including a Russian professor and law enforcement officers including myself. Just a good group of people. One of the fellows in this Michigan group that I speak of is a former BFRO investigator as well. On of the guy’s in this group is quite known with the author, Linda Godfrey, as I believe they done some joint hikes. Can I ask, what county your experience occurred in?

cheryl z
    Participant

The county was Crawford and out in the Grayling township area , I wanted to attend your last meeting in West branch I would love to show you the area in the Spring we are not around the river much in the winter , thank you

cheryl z
    Participant

Denise ..due to the river being so deep on that side we could not get to close..we could see it look to be torn off, what was strange was no smell the next day ..and a week later gone..no homes along that side of river, I will post a pic when I can

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.