Home Forums Sasquatch Forum DNA test for the hair from Tennessee

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Trey
    Participant

Hey everyone this is Trey. I helped beth and brent find the hairs on their barb wire fence on their property. I was thinking about starting fundme page or something but I thought id do a test run in here and see how many people just on this site would be willing to donate whatever they can so we can figure out what creature this is.I don’t know the exact price all im looking for here is an

I
    to see roughly how many i could get to donate. IF we pull this off I would promise to not ever hold any evidence back that i may find on future excursion.
    So how many people could throw in a few bucks to help make this happen. If i get enough of a response I’ll set up a fundme page

Donald B.
    Participant

I’ll give you my two cents Trey.
    I would love to help you, but I grew up with a serious trust issue.
    But if you could divert some of that fund money into my bank account, I promise you I’ll only use it for therapy to over come my trust issue, and when I do over come it, then I’ll give you the thousands of dollars your gonna need for that DNA hair sample …trust me Trey I would never lie to you.

Tracy A
    Participant

Saschron fund I like it.

Tracy A
    Participant

I have posted before suggesting a fund here be established to help researchers.

Donald B.
    Participant

One good way to raise money for research may be.
    A 501(c)(3)
    A tax-exempt nonprofit organisation has a few advantages, such as tax-exempt status and the ability to receive donations from foundations and corporations.
    It doesn’t cost a lot and you can even hire a lawyer to help with the process.

Gumshoguy

Good Post Donald. Hilarious too!

Trey
    Participant

Wes actually found an institution to test the samples for us so we’re just awaiting the results now. Of course this isn’t at the top of their list of things to test so it’ll probably be a while before we get any info back. Thanks for the help everyone and I agree Tracy a Saschron fund for instances like this would be a good idea if it could be made in a way where nobody could tamper with it or steal from it. Only to be used for research such as DNA test etc

Gumshoguy

There have been some issues with enterprises around here like that were tried before and it ended badly. I honestly don’t know how that work out Trey, but Donald did make an interesting suggestion far beyond a Go Fund Me effort.

I am not a lawyer but it seems to me a 501C(3) would require some paperwork, and great organizational skills, plans and lots of self-discipline.

Anytime you’re dealing with somebody else’s money things could go off the rails real quick, lost paperwork or mishandled paperwork, misspent money or unaccounted for spent money, timely deadlines for filing that must be met etc …

~ Just Saying

Rick F
    Participant

The problem with DNA testing for hair is that it will never prove anything. There have been samples that have come back “unknown ” in the past. It’s a waste of money IMO.

Knobby

Samples have been sent to many different labs and they always come back as some known animal or human. That’s because all these various labs only test the easy to test mtDNA which they then match to Gen Bank to determine species, and real sasquatch samples always show the species is human, I believe, because sasquatches are a species of man. They are not Homo sapiens although I believe they have interbred with our species, but these rudimentary DNA tests to determine species will put it on our tree and say its human. This fruitless exercise has been repeated over and over.

Dr. Ketchum sequenced 3 entire genomes looking at all the mtDNA and the nuDNA and found unknown primate DNA in the nuDNA. She says its from an unknown hominin. But these other labs that test samples are just doing standard tests for species identification and it becomes insane to run the same test over and over and expect a different result.

So, if these are real sasquatch samples that Wes sends to a lab to be tested they will come back and say its human.

Knobby

If the right person who knows what they are looking for looks at a sasquatch hair under a microscope, like Dr. Farhenbach, they can tell you if its a likely sasquatch hair. Experts can usually distinguish the different animal hairs in the North American forest just by looking at them under a microscope.

Sasquatches have hair very similar to humans except they are missing the center portion of the hair shaft called the medulla. Most human hairs contain a medulla even if fragmented. In humans thick or coarse hair always contains a medulla. Very fine hair usually lacks a medulla, as does naturally blond hair.

Here are sasquatch hairs lacking a medulla.

Here is a human hair with the medulla

I copied the following about testing DNA from likely sasquatch hair:

“This testing report is associated with sample numbers 100, 102, and 104. These samples arrived late in the study so they were only screened with mitochondrial DNA sequencing, the results of which were human as referenced in this report. The hair was clearly non-human and gave human mitochondrial results as did all of the other successful hair samples in this study. Source: Mary Green”

4. Genome Project Sasquatch hair tested human

I have two points.

1) It could be ruled out as belonging to a sasquatch even before testing the DNA if the hair has a medulla. A lot of other animals that could have left hair on that barbwire fence like cows or bears also have a medulla.

2) These DNA labs that look to identify species only look at a portion of the mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) when testing a hair to determine species and they will either rule it as a known animal or human. Sorry.

Trey
    Participant

Yes I took it to a veterinarian for a preliminary look to see if anything was out of the ordinary cause it was black at the base, a few inches up was an auburn red color then the last inch or so it was greyalmost white. When he looked under the microscope at it he said the medulla looked weird and he hadn’t seen a hair like that before. That’s why we decided to send it off for testing. Not to mention it was on a bar wire fence directly above a footprint. Aug 2015 there’s a video on the blog I made with Wes and it has pictures of the hair and prints

Knobby

If it comes back human, people don’t normally have hair that is black at the base, auburn red in the center, and close to white on the end. I’ve met opposition here and elsewhere in my belief that some, not all, sasquatches undergo seasonal hair color change from darker to lighter, even white in the fall/winter and back to darker colors in the spring.

Was your hair found in the spring/early summer? That might account for the dark base coming in as opposed to the much lighter end. Seeing how your follow up interview with Wes about this was in August I suppose it was originally found in summer or even late summer. Maybe since the hair was 6 to 8 inches long the ends being white accounted for hair color a number of months before.

Knobby

Here is the blog where Wes interviewed Trey:

Watch: Follow up to Sasquatch investigation in Tennessee

Augustine L
    Participant

At one time, they couldn’t get DNA from hair at all, then they could get it from a fresh follicle at the end of the hair, but now they can get it from JUST the hair.

BUT they can only get the maternal DNA from that….and we know sasquatch’s comes back human. So just hair, no root, is not useful.

Here is a website with a list of kinds of samples, success rates, and costs. I thought it was pretty interesting.

dna

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.