Home Forums Sasquatch Forum Brief Missing 411 – Movie – Update

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 224 total)
  • Author
    Gumshoguy

Maybe Paulides should remarket his Missing 411 movie as a natural sleep aide? You can pay $14.95 for his latest video or a little more for Melatonin, either way the effects are the same in my opinion.

He’s lost a lot of respect from me with his defensive and at times bombastic style of replying to people who simply ask questions.

He should have entertained offering his opinion a long time ago instead of toying with people’s emotions and playing coy because it appears to be a big marketing blunder now. More about marketing and personal gain than being a good ambassador of the people … Again, that is only my opinion.

sandy r
    Participant

Gumshoguy
    I agree and offering my opinion on the missing 411 sight only got me hammered by
    A guy who seems to be a Mr Paulides superfan of sorts who does the same thing to anyone who has anything bad to say about the movie in an opinionated way.

My main point is why not go with what makes his books and interviews so captivating?

Monkey422Paw
    Participant

I feel for you Gum. The movie was a let down.

Deflections

Gumshoguy

@Sandy R – Sorry you experienced that. I have found the best way to win an argument is to avoid an argument. Always turn it into a conversation.

Gumshoguy

Well guys I never cared for the manner he played this issue as though he has formed no opinion. For somebody that has written as much as he has on the subject it’s reasonable to suspect he has formed some opinion on the matter too.

When you present something such as the title suggests it naturally raises concerns and causes questions and it perpetuates all varieties of theories and hypothesis.

Each time a reader suggests a possibility he becomes angry to the point of clamming up and becoming defensive and rude as though this were a 1940’s game of “Truth or Consequence” where contestants guess answers in theatrical mime and parody hoping for some grand prize, but these are readers they are not contestants and this is not a game.

I refuse to participate in that sort of guessing game or purchase his material again. I did buy four of his books and read them several times but I won’t buy another one. Instead if he publishes something I find interesting I’ll search the used book bin or check the library.

All I am saying is you cannot tell a story of this magnitude without words and you don’t treat readers (customers) with such disdain and insolence and expect them to remain loyal. That’s simply not good business.

Gumshoguy

I’ve repeated this so many times, it’s probably worth repeating again. I do believe Bigfoots/ Sasquatch are responsible for some missing persons I do indeed. But, some are also – it is my firm belief – missing due to other causes too.

Steven B
    Participant

@Gum “…some are also – it is my firm belief – missing due to other causes too.”

This account is currently unsubstantiated but why on earth would anyone make something like this up? It chillingly concurs with your statement.

Listen carefully to what is said in “Bigfoot & Missing People” at the 1:25:00 mark through to about 1:27:40.

This stirred my memory of Episode 66 of Dogman Encounters Radio. Go to the following and listen from the 40:20 mark through 41:30, 48:24 – 49:33, and then the 54:00 mark through 56:00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXi6Umu6pWg

Gumshoguy

Thanks for posting that Steven B, did you hear anything earth shattering new aside from what he’s said in the past?

I did not hear anything that was new and so, did you hear the question asked about his personal opinion and notice how easily the answer was deflected?

There is no question in my mind people have and are disappearing but you won’t hear this individual lend his own theory or opinion and don’t think about offering your own opinion because it would be dismissed out of hand.

Teresa V
    Participant

Steven B., I’d sure like to hear more about the sighting they were talking about on the Bigfoot and Missing People at the mark you mentioned. That was quite interesting.

Steven B
    Participant

You’re most welcome, Gum. No, I didn’t hear anything revelatory, with the exception of what I had noted which, if I had witnessed such a thing happen to a friend you be able to easily put me down “Section 8”, but still I find the interviews interesting myself. I can’t say why he is so resistant to offering his own thoughts. I don’t think it has to do with milking money out of people because when I received my digital copy of “Missing 411” it came with the instructions to share it with others. I’m not making excuses for him, but, perhaps by not saying, he can get more mileage out of making the public aware rather than say, “It’s cryptids” or “It’s ETs” or “Rifts in time/space continuum” or <insert any theory here>, and have authorities dismiss the cases post-haste and have “the powers that be” deride him and the cases into being history.

Yes, Teresa, I myself would like to hear the outcome of the investigation.

Gumshoguy

Great post Steven B, I throughly enjoy your conversation. I know he won’t come here to Sasquatch Chronicles be interviewed, but that his choice and it reinforces what I am beginning to see.

“perhaps by not saying, he can get more mileage out of making the public aware rather than say,” I don’t know Steve, hypothetically speaking as a police officer if I knew there were a dangerous maniacal criminal up ahead, I would throw up barricades and warn others to detour around it, this would be repeated until the situation was made safe again. If they asked any particulars privately I may tell them privately off the record.

Monkey422Paw
    Participant

Outside of milking his movie and books for money, the only reason he deflects the bigfoot angle (or others) is so he won’t be written off. It’s either one or the other or both. What kind of man do you think he is?

Denise
    Participant

I have read several of the Missing books and found many of the stories fascinating. I used to be in K9 SAR and know some of the excellent dog teams that were on the searches in his first book. Some of those cases can be explained by non mysterious reasons by any expert in lost person behavior. Others, definitely not.

I also know people who searched for the little boy in Idaho, DeOrr Kunz. Why he picked that case, out of so many, is incomprehensible. That one may come back to haunt him.

Gumshoguy

@Chris 422 – I am probably in total agreement but there appears to be something more that I cannot yet place my finger on.

Good post Denise – Very interesting and curious of the DeOrr Idaho case. Out of interest for your considered opinion, what exactly did you find incomprehensible and what do you feel of the other cases he writes about?

Gumshoguy

I don’t want to sound like I dismiss his work totally out of hand because I really don’t. I am unhappy with the manner in which he leads the reader on without revealing his own personal opinion.

Standard police reporting is’t suppose to be the reporting officers opinion, I get that.

He isn’t a poilice officer he’s established himself as an author with a message to convey I think he owes it to his followers to lift the veil of secrecy and let it rip.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 224 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.