Home Forums Sasquatch Forum Brief Missing 411 – Movie – Update

Viewing 14 posts - 211 through 224 (of 224 total)
  • Author
    Gumshoguy

Monte and Gabe thanks for the examples …. interesting, very interesting. About the Go Pro video, I still to this day don’t know what scared the man that badly that he won’t share it, but it must have been terrible.

Seamus J. C
    Participant

Good to check in with you all; I have been insanely busy lately, and even right now–I should be working.

Yes! That all makes perfect sense: either BF are consciously aware of oncoming inclement weather as being a good cover for a snatching, or it is an instinctual reaction from fish on up to furry critters to seek food before the flood, or both…Doesn’t prove anything, but that’s as plausible as Qabalah (Yes, Gumsho, that’s an alternate spelling for the Jewish mystical practices) masters controlling man-apes with their magic (but, hell, maybe a “golem” IS a suggestible sasquatch!)…OK, much more plausible than Qabalah wizardry.

Like I said, sorcerers (if they exist) would not fear guns…I assume. BF, we know, do fear and hate them and have bled from them.

Now, I’m wondering about boulders. In the Missing 411 cases, a lot of the disapperances happen around boulders. I’m wondering if BF have some special kinda way around boulders (we know that they are ridiculously strong climbers), or if they dig caves under them and cleverly cover their entrances as quick escape routes–something that might account for the “now you see them, now you don’t” phenomenon (both for BF and their abductees). Maybe they are just that good at squeezing their large bodies through small cracks that you would never think they could get into? I imagine they might fairly easily sneak up on a person, snap their neck (so they don’t scream), and either run off between or over boulders, finding their footing on rocks (which would not make any noise, if they are solidly rooted), and disappear. And for all the world it might seem like a UFO wielding a tractor beam (that also makes the tractees invisible) took them, or they fell into an interdimensional portal. When, really, as with the magician on stage–it’s a trap door, or a secret nook.

You guys have a good one. Maybe we are figuring some stuff out, here? Well, it’s fun, and fulfilling in a way, to try. Thanks for playing!

Seamus J. C
    Participant

…maybe those huge shoulders are deceptively limber. Maybe BF are contortionist body-builders, and can stuff themselves into remarkably small spaces…

Gumshoguy

There many, many references of rocks and boulders in BF reports. Some I suspect are reported knowingly and willfully by the more informed enthusiasts and other references I believe are made unwittingly without full knowledge of their incidental or coincidental role in Missing 411 books … Just my thoughts.

Lawrence M
    Participant

10 More Strangest National Park Disappearances – Volume 21
    Rusty West

Rusty writes, “Join me as I count down 10 more of the strangest state and national park missing person cases out there. ”

Gumshoguy

They never seem to end do they?

Frank T
    Participant

^ There was a woman spoken of that vanished in the Shoshone National Forest in Wyoming in I believe 1997 in the episode above. I was in there in the 1980’s Elk hunting with some friends. We were about 14 miles from the nearest road. We weren’t far from Yellowstone Park where we set up our camp. One night something came into the camp and we were all in a 14×16 wall tent. I couldn’t hear it because I’d already damaged my hearing with gunfire.

We had our rifles leaned up against a couple of posts with a bar across the top. I think there were seven of us and all the others could hear something prowling around outside. We talked about what we were going to do about it and one of the guys just jumped up, grabbed a 45-70 and ran outside blazing away. When he got back we asked him if he’d seen anything and he said no but he emptied that 45-70 anyway. Must have scared the hell out of whatever it was because we didn’t have any more problems with prowlers.

Gumshoguy

Good report Frank, sounds like hundreds of similar reports made by hunters and campers. By the way when is elk season around those parts?

Frank T
    Participant

Gumshoguy that’s been a lot of years ago and I don’t keep track of the hunting seasons anymore. Seems to me like we were in there in October and the trail in was a treacherous one and could get worse if you got a snow storm. A friend of mine that guided sheep and elk hunters in that area told me a hiker had come around a corner on the trail and spooked some pack mules that were tailed up and they all went over a cliff that killed them all. That was soon after we’d come back out of there.

We had our food hung about twenty feet off the ground and what ever it was that came in to camp was over by our food messing around. Another friend of mine who used to guid hunters in north west montana had loaded up some 45-70 rounds with 400 grain bullets and sent them and his rifle with us in case a bear came in to camp. I think the guy that grabbed the rifle and ran outside shooting was wanting to test out that rifle and ammo and raise a little hell :-).

Gumshoguy

400 grain? Wow! Make some deafening noise with that. By comparison I believe the German WWII 8mm rifles only carried 226 grain cartridge …. and I use to own a 30.06 bolt action which handled a 170 grain cartridge. Last week I was watching video of a heavy table mounted firing off a 900 grain round? Enough to leave a good man concussed.

Paul M
    Participant

Wow.. now I’m not thinking it’s worth the watch… He’s has so much good information on this subject… Did DAVE drop the ball on this ? Or will he turn it around with a new movie that is what most will call very good… He’s smart guy… My guess he’s ON IT ALREADY….

Frank T
    Participant

Gumshoguy the rifle was a Marlin Guide rifle and it later on burned up in a house fire. He now has a marlin cowboy in 45-70 but his hunting and guiding days are long past.

Hickok 45 demonstrates a 45-70 marlin guide and 405 rain bullets in this video.

Knobby

Gumshoguy, its funny you spoke of WWII German 8mm and 30.06 because I have a 30.06 that was once a surplus WWII 8mm. Because 8mm ammo was not easy to find in the U.S. back in the 50’s a whole lot of those surplus German 8mm were rebored in this country to fire 30.06. I believe the grain rounds I have for it are 180 and I think some 220 grain also. As hard as that kicks its hard to imagine a 400 grain round.

Frank T
    Participant

Knobby I have one of those 8mm mausers that was converted to 30-06 too. I like a 30-06 and that’s what I shoot most of the time.Awhile back I bought some of the old WWII 30-06 ball ammo for it.

Viewing 14 posts - 211 through 224 (of 224 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.