Home Forums Sasquatch Forum Boogers at my cabin:

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    Douglas K
    Participant

April 23, 24 Nothin’

Sunday, April 25. 4:30 PMish

I was listening to a pileated woodpecker go to work on a tree to the north in the distance. The cadence seemed right and proper. I had been listening and paying attention to a lot of real woodpecker noises to more easily spot a fake. Most real woodpecker pecking sounds seem to have purpose. They’re like a auto body technician with thirty years experience building hot rods, working some sheet metal with a hammer and dolly to get it, “just right.”

To the northwest a imitation pileated woodpecker made some pecking like noises. It sounded like a idiot with a stick hitting between two trees. The cadence was rhythmic and not varied.

If you listen to real woodpeckers the cadence varies.

There was not a second sound from the imitation pileated woodpecker. Nothing answered the call. I think it was a bigfoot.

Debbie S
    Participant

Oh my. I have yet to see the pileated over on the ridge though I have looked and looked. Believe me I have sat and watched and waited. One was in my neighbor’s huge maple tree last week and sure enough after watching for awhile, I saw it change sides on the tree. Beautiful. I thought it was fake at first because just like you said, the cadence was varied. But then I saw it change sides on the tree.

Whatever is pecking on the ridge is rhythmic just like you described. 🙁 I have been hearing this “pileated” for several weeks. Thanks for the description.

This year for the first time in 3-4 years the coyotes are back..in force. Wonder if there is a connection. And dang….just now realizing it….no deer. 🙁 Because of the coyotes or something else?

Could be an interesting summer….I had a feeling somehow or other that something was up.

m99

@debbie S ~ Keep us posted please

Debbie S
    Participant

@m99 I don’t think it is anything that is really clear cut. Anomalies for sure but the $64 question like Doug has acknowledged…high strangeness or something normal wildlife is doing? I usually watch my dogs to see how they react because they are not afraid of anything…not even bears, which they have seen in the field sporadically. When they quit barking and all want in the house at night, my “spidey sense” goes up. That happened ONE night last week, the rest of the week was normal. 🙂

m99

@debbie S ~ Thank the Lord for great watch dogs.

I admire your lifestyle, only not sure if I could do it anymore. I used to think all I needed was a deer rifle. When my son would tell me “something’s out there”, I’d stand on the porch with a ready rifle and peer intently into the woods. Nothing. Oh, one night I did hear something coming. An armadillo. I wonder how many times the woods were watching me. I could feel it sometimes, but had no clue cryptids were really a thing.

Anyway, although it sounds hokey now, stay safe!

Douglas K
    Participant

Debbie S:
    Coyotes can’t usually kill healthy deer. A sick or injured deer could provide the coyotes a meal. Coyotes could only compete for food with the sasquatch on smaller animals. There are coyotes by me as well as bigfoot simultaneously. The bigfoot seem to tolerate the coyotes, but the bigfoot also seem to be smart and agreeable compared to other areas of the country. There are so many deer around, it’s odd to not see several every day.

Debbie S
    Participant

@douglas I have not seen ONE deer in the fields this spring…not one. To say this is unusual is an understatement. I also haven’t heard the coyotes lately either. 🙁 what I did hear last night was a sick owl….up the valley and I wouldn’t even attempt to guesstimate how far. But it wasn’t close. When we came home this afternoon both inside dogs refused to go out in the backyard when we went to let them out and hovered under our feet instead. Late afternoon, broad daylight. 🙁 Outside dogs didn’t bark in excitement when we pulled up. Hubby blew it off and said they must hear thunder in the distance. But only one of the two is afraid of thunder. I have no idea what is up. But I am not happy.

P.S. my dogs aren’t afraid of ANYTHING….not even bears which we see from time to time. 🙁

Denise F
    Participant

We tried the woodpecker ‘trick’ the other day.

I believe the secret is finding two trees within 18-24 inches of one another. Chris did a fairly good job whacking those trees with a mini baseball bat, lol. It takes some stamina to go that pace though.

Douglas K
    Participant

Debbie S: I discounted my dog’s behavior like your husband. The dog knew it wasn’t the farm kids spying on us for fun, but something with much more lethal potential.

Denise: It’s nice to hear Chris has some stamina, make sure and put it to good use frequently.

UPDATE: The weekend of 4/30 – 5/2 nothing to note. I’ve been clearing more brush around the dwelling and working on installing more motion sensing lights.

Douglas K
    Participant

I will update tonight.

Debbie S
    Participant

Can’t wait to hear! Oh, and my deer are back! 🙂

Mikey G
    Participant

How about showing us the videos you must have of them?

theresa m
    Participant

Yes, please! Always appreciate knowing more about these beings. Thanks for offering and as often as you are able to post. Be careful and stay safe.

Douglas K
    Participant

I have no videos, just need to update notes and get back on here.

Denise F
    Participant

@mikey_g

Out of curiosity, if you had a situation where you were able to video a Sasquatch, would you really announce it and post it? I’m always curious on what others would do….

I remember a sweet lady named C***** offered to show us some game cam pics that she was excited about. She did and the next day she was paranoid that her daughter’s windshield was smashed (or window…. something that seemed too coincidental). To say the least we didn’t hear back from her…..ever.

Take it for what it’s worth….could be a set of circumstances that added up to nothing BUT …..?

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.