Home Forums Sasquatch Forum Audio from unknown beings interacting in Arizona forest

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    m99
    Participant

👍👍

Debbie S
    Participant

Somehow I missed this when you first posted….what a great catch. My question was this all captured at night…or daytime? The whistles I have heard before in the field behind our house which is a true puzzle because there is no cover for them which has led me to believe we have been hearing groundhogs whistling. Hence my question, day or night? Because I don’t think groundhogs whistle at night, they are day creatures. I have at times searched the internet relentlessly for whistling birds. I haven’t found anything conclusively that sounded like what I have heard. That at the very beginning is identical to what I heard from inside a rhododendron thicket one night. I assumed it was a bird of some type. What made it strange and definitely caught my attention was that within 2-3 seconds there was a frog croak from the same spot. I don’t know of any bird and frog that would inhabit a thicket in the same spot at night. Since the thicket was only about 6 feet away, I decided it was time to leave. LOL

I have heard so many metallic sounds I no longer have any idea what to make of them. Since I am out in the country surrounded for the most part by open fields and farms…I passed it off as someone operating machinery of some type…but that becomes less likely at 10 or 11 at night. Possible but not probable, especially when I look across the fields and can’t see any lights from someone possibly working late at night.

I wish I had better thoughts or ideas on what you captured. We have so many strange things we hear that I am becoming numb to them. I tend to ignore them anymore unless my dogs start acting strange, which they do once in awhile.

THANK YOU FOR SHARING! Enjoyed it!

Steve K
    Participant

Debbie S, thanks for the great comment. It would be fantastic if you could get a recording of the sound so that I could compare them spectrally. This phenomenon doesn’t usually perform on command so it could be a trying process. However, you may end up catching something that makes your head explode (in a good way). If you want to give it a go let me know and I can help get you started.

Jennie M
    Participant

Creeps me out 100%. Thank you so much for sharing that was really a cool treat!

Debbie S
    Participant

@Steve K thanks! I had never really considered trying to record. We hear stuff but it is so sporadic and no rhyme or reason that we can figure out. Plus things seem to culminate here in September. Winter is quiet. They migrate I guess? Make some suggestions on what I need to use and I will see if I can’t have it lined up by spring. I’m a knower btw, not just a believer. So I don’t need to prove anything to myself or anybody else…but figuring out that crazy metallic sound on the mountain would be nice. 🙂

Edited to add: this is WV btw. Oddities of all kinds are not unusual here. LOL

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by Debbie S.
    Steve K
    Participant

@Debbie S, send me an email ( thearizonasasquatch@gmail.com ) sometime and I can give you a few tips to get you going.

m99
    Participant

@Steve K ~ I appreciate you wanting to help Debbie S via tips at email, however, can you also post those tips here in the forums?

Steve K
    Participant

M99, sure will.

m99
    Participant

Thanks. That would be good to learn and nice to know if things crank up when camping. Plus several people are field researchers here too. Thanks again.

Denise F
    Participant

@steve

What kind of recorders do you use?
    Chris and I were out in the SHNF last week and at the last minute tried to purchase a voice activated digital recorder but you can’t find them in store- guess I’ll have to order some.

Btw, asking a clerk if they carry a voice activated one leaves them a little puzzled, lol….they probably think I’m trying to catch a cheating spouse…… sooooo I proudly announce that I’m searching for bigfoot, 😉

That’s a whole other puzzled look.
    Hope everyone is well 😊

Debbie S
    Participant

Voice activated recorders have always been hard to find in my experience. I tried to find one to set up in my bird room to catch parrots talking. I finally just used my iPad but then….the gaps of silence. I will be curious to hear where you can get one too. Of course I haven’t really looked in a good while. Thanks Steve. 🙂

m99
    Participant

🤪 Too cute Denise! Bet that WAS a whole new puzzled look. 🎈

Steve K
    Participant

Debbie and Denise, There are several recorders on the market that will get the job done. I started out using a Tascam DR-05X. It’s a small durable portable 2 channel recorder that will allow you record either WAV or mp3 files. You can set it up to record in “voice activated ” record mode or in continuous record mode. In the voice activated mode, it is triggered to start recording by any noise that exceeds a user defined amplitude threshold. It will also do what they call a pre record and a tail record which means you can hear some of what was going on before and after the noise that triggered it. I choose to record continuously because it is a little tricky to get the trigger threshold set. Also when you get into something special like extended encounters there’s no risk of the recorder cutting it up into pieces when there is 10 or 20 seconds of quiet in between interesting things.
    I recently switched to Tascam DR-07X models because because they will accept larger 128gb SD cards allowing me to record very high fidelity recordings for up to two weeks. They are available on Amazon for about $120. The SD card is at most $20. I also use an external USB power brick to power it for the 2 weeks as the 2 AA internal batteries won’t last more than 12 to 18 hours.
    Hope that helps

Denise F
    Participant

You have been a big help, Steve, ty.

Now I’m rethinking the voice activated one because it maybe worth it to go through all the audio to guarantee we don’t miss something good.

“Sweetie, how do you feel about taking on the ‘sifting through the audio job’?” Lol 😉

Take care everyone

Steve K
    Participant

Denise, it’s actually very relaxing putting on a set of headphones and listening to the audio while reading or watching videos without sound. Just be careful not to fall asleep!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.