Home Forums Sasquatch Forum Audio breakdown from intense Sasquatch encounter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Steve K
    Participant

I did an audio breakdown of my first sasquatch encounter. I feel that it highlights the incredible uniqueness of this species.

Denise F
    Participant

Good video, Steve, thank you.

The vocals you caught were in that ‘interesting’ range. They have that certain ‘sound’ to them that when you hear it….you stop and know what it is, especially when it’s isolated.

Take care

Steve K
    Participant

@Denise, thanks for the nice comments. I appreciate you taking the time to watch it. BTW, I made several attempts to get the voice activated function on my recorder to work satisfactorily. I wasn’t successful as the threshold setting was too granular. It would either record everything on the 48 db setting or very little on the 24 db setting. The test was done on my deck and there was just too much man made noise even in the middle of the night. It might work better in the forest but I am afraid wind noise would dominate.
    Steve

Denise F
    Participant

I now think you were right about getting just a regular digital recorder and letting it pick up everything as it happens. In fact, Chris and I had a crazy encounter with ‘something’ on the afternoon of Halloween and could kick ourselves that we didn’t have a digital recorder with us.

‘Something’ was rushing towards us, through the woods, jibbering what at first sounded chinese.
    Lesson learned, lol.

Thank you and take care out there 👣

Steven B
    Participant

“‘Something’ was rushing towards us, through the woods, jibbering what at first sounded chinese.”

This is what happens when BF gets infected with the “Wu Han Virus” … 😉

Coop
    Participant

Or he knows Kung Flu….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.