Home Forums Sasquatch Forum Anyone have an encounter in Waukesha or Washington County in Wisconsin?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Robert V
    Participant

I’m putting myself out here. I believe a Sasquatch was coming into my Grandmothers house. The house was next to a swamp in Menomonee Falls WI. Has ANYONE else had an encounter in this swamp? I’ve also heard of encounters in Sussex WI. There was a story on the news from Washington County. The Sussex Sun, the Sussex paper had a report of Sasquatch in the area. Between Menomonee Falls and Sussex is all trees and pockets of neighborhood. it’s so unlikely they’d be in this area…and yet it makes sense. When I think of Lannon park or Holy Hill…they could hide there? Strange things would happen in my Grandmothers yard between August and October. I remember a couple kids at school talking about a “Wildman” in the swamp. There were other things. If I feel it’s legit I’d love to connect with someone who has had an encounter in this area. I now live in Minnesota so doing “field” work would be difficult for me…to be honest I don’t want to bump into one…just want confermation they are there. I’d love to talk to you.

What bother’s me the most about Sasquatch is the feeling they watch us.

Bob

Victoria A
    Participant

I no help what so ever. Just very curious as to what led you to believe they were coming into your grandmother’s home.

m99

Are you still there Robert V? You stated, “I believe a Sasquatch was coming into my Grandmothers house”. Victoria asked what made you think that the BF went “into” her home? Is there more to the experiences you haven’t mentioned?

Robert V
    Participant

I did a typo. I should have said yard when I think of my grandmother’s house I just think of the yard too. It never entered the house. Sorry about that.

Some reasons I believe it was coming into the YARD.

Son said he’d seen one looking at him through a window

Grandfather told me to avoid the swamp, because “Things” were in it. Told me a weird story about a bear. Very odd because there are NO bear in this area.

Neighbor called us one night freaked out. Said a large man was looking at her through the sliding doors. Whatever it was left a dead racoon on the porch.

When I was about nine something hit the side of the house about eight feet off the ground. The ferns were flat. My Mom, Dad, brother, and I were watching the house while grandparents were away.

Mom told me she had a “creepy” incident while sleeping in a tent with her girlfriends. Her dog went crazy and they heard a “a large man around the tent”. Could have been. Mom passed away can’t say for sure. I want to add camped in many State parks in Wisconsin. Never once did I ever consider camping in my grandmothers yard. Beleive me the State Park woods were a lot more thick than my Grandmothers suburban yard.

Many times my son and I would make campfires at night in the yard. We’d be having fun and all at once feel the need to douse fire and get into house.

When I was younger when I’d play outside I’d feel like I was being watched and come inside.

More than once one of my Grandmother’s fruit trees would be stripped of it’s fruit on one side. There were a lot of deer in the area.

If I came home late I’d feel the need to run from the garage or car into the house. My son and brother experienced this as well. There were many times my son and I ran into the house. Or when my brother came home late would say how “creepy” it felt outside.

One time while putting up christmas lights felt like someone was watching me the whole time. I continued because my grandmother liked the lights.

My brother woke me up once and asked if I heard the scream he heard from the back of the house.

A couple guys at school, when I was in eighth grade, talked about a wildman in the swamp.

Were reports of Sasquatch in the 1950’s in a town near by.

There was a report of a Sasquatch taking a deer off of someone’s pick up truck in a neighboring country.

There isn’t ONE thing or ONE incident. Just a bunch of little things. I can’t say for sure there was one. Except I do believe my son with all my heart.

One possible, again not experienced enough of a camper to say for sure, but we had a big animal hanging around our campgroud in Prairie Du Chien. It’s on the west side of Wiscosnin along the Missippi river. When we would go on one side of the campsite we’d hear something walk toward the other. I placed a remote light on the edge of the campsite. Went to the car. When it walked to the area where the light was, I remotely turned on the LED light, we heard something crash into the woods. I can’t say it was a Sasquatch, could have been a cougar, bear, or even a big dog. I suspect it was big.

Ran into an orb at a different campground in Wisconsin. Not a Sasquatch encounter. All I can say is never…never…follow an orb. We slept in the car. I felt and so did my son, who was a teenager at the time, to stay in the car. I felt the orb would have brought a Sasquatch or a large animal to attack the tent. We were the only ones in the whole Wisconsin State Park. We were camping in March. They block the cars from going into the campsites themselves but you can still camp there. The rangers do not stay there over night. They warned us about that. So the car was parked about twenty to thirty yards from campsite. We left the same remote light I mentioned above, I could turn it on from my car, this was how we could make our way to the campsite after staying with my brother during the day. Gets dark early in March. I didn’t have money for a hotel but could afford camping. We camped like this for a week no problems that we know off until the last night…we did leave a day early because of a snow storm approaching. Yes there are snow storms in March.

Thats it. Nothing to exciting, not one incident I can say was a Sasquatch. Just a lot of little things that point to one. There were other events but I can’t say for sure they were a Sasquatch. I’d like to explore the swamp behind my grandmothers house and the woods along the two roads near my grandmothers house. There is also a bike trail near my grandmothers house I’d like to explore and railroad tracks in a nearby town I lived in. I’m not a forrest type of guy. Afraid of seeing one, but want the proof one way or the other. I now live in Minnesota. Am hoping an honest person from Menomonee Falls WI or Sussex WI would come forward if they saw one too. It’s really crazy to think there are Sasquatch in this area..it’s ten minutes from the border of Miwaukee…but going west it’s really wooded. Menomonee Falls (not to be confused with Menomonie) is a border suburb between urban and rural.

Again sorry for saying house…meant to say yard. In my mind when I think of my grandmother’s “house” I include “yard.” On a side note. I often imagined a creature trying to get into the house. I was OCD about keeping the front door shut at night and always wanted the entrance door or kitchen door shut. Even when it was hot in the house. Old farm house without air. My Mom was fascinated with Sasquatch. She got me onto the Subject. She did say she saw a big footprint in Upper Michigan while horseback riding.

Bob

Robert V
    Participant

I feel if I ever…ever…went on a trip to see Sasquatch they’d approach me. I know this sounds like I’m a flute player. I’m not. Just always felt they were attracted to me…it’s crazy. One of the reasons I am very, very, very, leary of going on an expedition. The idea of looking for evidence around my Grandmother’s house even bothers me.

Bob

Robert V
    Participant

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/51000078.jpg

State park where animal was around campsite

https://www.mobilemaplets.com/thumbnails/4793_thumbnail-1024.jpg

Map of State Park saw the orb. It was march and we were the only ones. So we took 328 or 329 we could see in the distance playground equipment and the shower building. The car was parked On the main park road.

http://www.campsitereports.com/photos/Approved/Processed/USA/WI/PID106/Willow-River-State-Park-Campsite-316-PhotoID-S006764.jpg

What campsite looks like where saw orb. Never hiked. Tried to fish. Only there during the morning and at night to sleep. Visiting Brother in March. My brothers Mother in law was staying too. Didn’t have money for a hotel so stayed at the state park. Really cheap in March. Would drive from here into Minneapolis during the day. About a forty minute drive.

m99

Thanks Robert. I kinda thought that’s what you meant from your other post about it going into your Grandmothers yard. And you do not sound like a flute player, just someone who knows himself. Thanks for sharing. We all appreciate it a lot. 🙂

Knobby

Robert wrote, “Neighbor called us one night freaked out. Said a large man was looking at her through the sliding doors. Whatever it was left a dead racoon on the porch.”

Maybe they like the stuff she puts out in her garbage can for them and they were gifting her back, which they sometimes do — A nice fresh raccoon and eliminate competition for the garbage — a twofer.

SHANNON D
    Participant

Great post, Robert!

Robert V
    Participant

Talk about gifting. I’ve mentioned this before. My grandfather was a butcher. I used to help him grind and trim meat. During hunting season there would be deer hanging in the garage…sometimes ten to twelve. He would be up at night working on them. I do know my grandfather was super attentive to NOT leave bones in the garbage next to the garage. I do remember one time bones were all over the yard near the garage.

In my grandma’s yard was: apple trees, pear tree, grapes, garden (grew everything), was about a quarter of an acher big in a two acre lot, peach tree (it died), mulberry trees, currents, a huge rubarb bush, eldeberry bush, they would leave food out for the “birds”, my grandmother would often scrape food outside so it wouldn’t be “wasted”, and a we had two black walnut trees. Oh, my grandmother maintained a huge compost pile. Want to mention by the time I was living there as an adult the garden was taken down. Is this accidental gifting? Because most of the “weird” things would happen between August and October.

Bob

Robert V
    Participant

The neighbor was very frightened. A very nice lady. It’s the only time I can remember her calling my grandmother like that in a panic.

m99

~ You mean, your grandparents house and yard was HEAVENLY! With the exception of the size of the yard, and the type of crops and trees, that’s how I grew up too. Thanks again for sharing. 🙂

Robert V
    Participant

The total size of the garden part was a quarter of the two an half acres. They grew: raspberries, strawberries, pumpkins, potatoes, corn, popcorn, radishes, pickles…miss my grandma’s dill pickles and veggie juice, peas, and others. These were always in rows. It was a “hobby garden” but a lot of work went into it. I appreciate the compliment.

The part that is difficult for me is how close the yard was to real civilation…and yet it was rural.

The reality is there wasn’t anything real “exciting”. The only “Searching” I’d ever want to do for a Sasquatch is near my grandmother’s yard, in Sussex (I have an idea where they’re walking based upon some stories I’ve heard and just my book learning), and in a quary I suspect it hangs around.

Bob

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.