Home Forums Sasquatch Forum What IS the Wild Woods Foundation?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Knobby 5 days, 14 hours ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Wolf
    Participant

foundation

Over the years my wife and I have lived in many truly beautiful areas of this wonderful country. Wide, open spaces, flowing creeks of pure, crystal clear water, rugged mountains and rolling hills, and trees… lots of wonderful, green trees blanketing the earth like a comforting blanket.
    However it seems almost as soon as we discover a new wilderness developers move in and turn it all into suburban sprawl of concrete, tarmac roads and houses.
    Several years back while walking our dogs past a beautiful old farm we noticed it and the surrounding grasslands and woods was up for sale. Within a week or two a developer had bought it and put up a sign for a new estate that was going to be built on it.
    We talked about how great it would be to buy up such parcels of land and set it aside for both wildlife and domestic animal rehabilitation, and The Wild Woods Foundation was born.

The Wild Woods Foundation is a Private, Not-For-Profit organisation inspired by a lifetime of watching rolling green hills of farms and and forests get bought up by developers and turned into seas of concrete and suburban estates.
    The Wild Woods Foundation is chartered to purchase and set aside land for wildlife, forever protecting it from development.
    ALL profits from Sasquatch Sagas, including sales from books, apparel, Youtube revenue, donations, etc go direct to the Foundation’s Savings cash account and are used to fund the purchase of land that would otherwise be developed and turned into new suburbs, strip malls and Industrial Estates.
    The land is then set aside and protected forever from being developed into anything other than rehabilitation areas for flora and fauna both native and domesticated.
    https://www.sasquatchstories.com/what-is-the-wild-woods-foundation?

Tommy
    Participant

Hi Wolf, a truly worthwhile endeavour as your foundation is, is worthy of all I can do to promote it. I will consider it my quest to let as many people know about it as I can. Hope you and the family are doing well .. peace, Tommy

Wolf
    Participant

G’day Tommy, good to hear you’re still kickin mate 👍

Thanks for your kind words, I appreciate them very much.
    Volume 2, A Burning World is approaching the final climax. I was having trouble working out how I was going to tie in several divergent characters when it dawned on me how I could by using ‘your’ character living in the swamp with the Sasquatch 🤔

Once I have done at least two or three polishes it will be coming your way 👍

Lee
    Participant

When I read this it reminded me of the late Steve Irwins legacy to preserve the land and its creatures hats off to you Wolf👍🏽

Lee
    Participant

Didn’t an American president put aside the state forests for the hairy folk..someone has to let help the local Yowie troops thrive here in our ancient land. Bring on volume 2!
    hope your well Tommy Gdsy!

Lee
    Participant

Gday!

Tommy
    Participant

G’day Wolf, I hope all is going well down under! I will await the new chapter with baited breath. Keep up the great work, always good to hear from you, yes I’m still kicking, only the good die Young! Peace!

(Hi Lee, thanks for the kind words as well!)

Wolf
    Participant

Everything is great, apart from a swathe of fires up and down the coast line for a few hundred miles.

Did you find a picture of your son without glasses on?

Tommy
    Participant

Oh, shoot, you know what Wolf, I spent half of October in the hospital in Fargo, and I forgot all about it. I’m sorry. But thank you for your generous offer! It was very appreciated. Looking forward to the next chapter of ‘sasquatch saga’…hope you and yours haven’t been effected by the fires buddy. Peace

Knobby

Lee wrote, “Didn’t an American president put aside the state forests for the hairy folk. . . .”

President Theodore Roosevelt is the reason we have so many national parks in the U.S. He established 5 such parks and a lot of national monuments that were later expanded into national parks and passed legislation making it easy for presidents to do so which led to the expansion of the parks system.

Teddy did write about the Bauman incident where a sasquatch may have killed a man, but I don’t know if or to what degree he may have had sasquatch in mind when establishing parks. He was a great outdoor enthusiast.

Best of luck Wolf with helping set aside land for such reserves.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.