Home Forums Sasquatch Forum The PC World

This topic contains 51 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Knobby 4 days, 16 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • Author

m99
    Participant

They look like sock monkey’s to me. I had a sock monkey when I was a child. I never once associated it with a black person, as far as I remember. Why would I? They look nothing like black human beings, do they? Me thinks the PC crowd sees demons behind every bush. Just sayin’

Knobby

MOD NOTE

You mean like this m99?

Must I remind you of the PC section of the forum rules m99

4)Please Try To Not Post Anything That Would Offend Someone Based On Their Race, Religion, National Origin, Sexual Preference or Gender

🙂 🙂 Humor, of course.

m99
    Participant

LOL. No, I got it. YES. Sock Monkey! My little sister gave hers to my son and he just called it Monkey. Those were (not still?) a tradition, never an offense to anyone. 🙂

Amy H
    Participant

OVERboard!!

I loved those sock monkeys! Virtually indestructible until the dog gets ahold of one….

These PC overboarders need to travel a bit more.

m99
    Participant

Gosh, ya’ll are making me really want a new Sock Monkey…

Knobby

School district scraps traditional ‘A-F’ grading system for kinder, gentler model

“After a hundred-plus years of the standard “A-F” grading system, many modern schools have deemed it to be antiquated. Some districts have moved to their own proprietary grade scales in order to alleviate the shame a student may feel when earning a “D” or an “F.”

This week, I received my second-grade daughter’s report card from the Madison Metropolitan School District, on which she was given a grade of “EX,” “M,” “DV,” or “E.”

According to the key provided, these abbreviations stand for:

“Exceeding” – Student consistently exceeds grade-level expectations for the end of the year.

“Meeting” – Student consistently meets grade-level expectations for the end of the year.

“Developing” – Student is developing understanding and is approaching grade-level expectations for the end of the year.

“Emerging” – Student begins to show initial understanding of grade-level expectations for the end of the year.

As you can see, every grade is dripping with optimism, presuming every child is on the road to excellence – the only thing they are being graded on is the speed at which they are attaining complete world knowledge. . . .

But as a parent, I have no clue how my child is doing in school. None of these “grades” correspond to the “A to F” scale –”

Knobby

For PC collectivism

m99
    Participant

I saw that Knobby, and cringed. How can anyone have goals, set standards, or feel like something’s achieved if everyone and anyone wins (without trying?).

And sadly, was thinking of the Judge for some reason. The Lord rest his soul in peace.

Knobby

I wonder if protecting feelings is the best way to prepare them for the world. Failing should give them the incentive to do better, as with all areas of our world. I graduated from college Magna Cum Laude due to working hard to do well in my classes. If they blur the lines of success how does that impact achievement?

Its about feelings. W.H.O. officially named the new coronavirus COVID-19. They stated they wanted to avoid the stigma that would come by attaching it to a region. Some were calling it the Wuhan Coronavirus. So, naming viruses things like the Spanish Flu or even MERS (Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome) is no longer politically correct.

COVID-19: “co” stands for “corona”, “vi” for “virus” and “d” for “disease”, while “19” was for the year, as the outbreak was first identified on Dec. 31. So, by one day it missed being the coronavirus of 2020. Although people aren’t lapping up that name so fast and started using the generic Novel Coronavirus.

Steve E

Well, I seem to recall a Get Smart episode, where an agent had a gun that looked like a finger, that teacher had every right to fear for her life, as that 6 yo with down syndrome could have been a midget KAOS agent in disguise!

Knobby

Well, I have to hand it to the 6-year-old girl with downs syndrome, she got her message across didn’t she?

Wolf
    Participant

?

Spanky
    Participant

Lmao

m99
    Participant

@steve E ~ “… that 6 yo with down syndrome could have been a midget KAOS agent in disguise!”

Yes, Talk about That!!!

And This ~ Sock Monkey!

m99
    Participant

@knobby ~ he says, “I graduated from college Magna Cum Laude due to working hard to do well in my classes…”

That’s something to be PROUD of! Not ashamed of (as the PC crowd would want us to be, soooo)…

Good Job! Congratulations! That’s admirable! I would be very proud if my son accomplished that! Thanks for sharing that and also for making such a great point.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.