Home Forums Sasquatch Forum O/T: Poster of the Month!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 592 total)
  • Author
    Amy H
    Participant

I do believe trump got a few things right but you must know the border wall started well before he was president. I believe Obama really started beefing it up. Can’t really speak to the energy independence because I haven’t looked at the numbers. Helping kill Obama care was helpful for sure but we still have a healthcare cost problem. I do wish he could have been more persuasive but I think polarization has become more acceptable since the election of the last Bush and Obama. Politics are shit nowadays.

Oh how I wish Trump would have been a libertarian! Having been one for almost 30 years, I’d say Mr. Paul is about the closest I’ve see to a true one. Trump was closer to Reagan than a libertarian. Libertarians are very liberal when it comes to cultural freedoms and yet conservative fiscally. I didn’t see trump removing weed from the current federal law classification or removing its current illegality, not to mention other illegally classified drugs. I didn’t see the legalization of prostitution either. I didn’t see Trump remove the unfair taxation of citizens or the goods they purchase. I didn’t see him remove long standing welfare programs. He’s more republican than libertarian, by far.

He was a toad, plain and simple. But I get it. He was better than Hilary. He’s better than out current octogenarian (Thats not saying much because the bar is only millimeters from the ground, if you catch my drift) mostly because he was more honest but not because he led well. If he could have kept his ego in check, he could have been much better. It’s a damn mess but mind you, libertarians have not been given the chance to be involved. Donald trump ain’t part of my crowd (it’s not much of a crowd..)

Glad to be back reading SC again, M99. Summer is play time so forum reading often takes a distant seat.

I’ll agree, when Trump wasn’t ego-lusting, he had common sense ideas. Really those ideas were what most regular folks had but he used his position to bring them forward. That was good and had the added benefit of having liberals hate conservatives even more despite liberals being the peace loving, all people embracers of the whole world (lol). I really think liberals started all the hate mongering.. the irony is mind blowing.

Knobby

Amy, During Pres. Bush Jr second term congress authorized 700 miles of “fence” and under Obama 100 miles of fence was erected (not a wall). Trump wanted to build a wall but especially the Dems in congress wouldn’t allocate the money and Trump in his third year was finally able to find funds elsewhere and built 400 miles of wall, but a lot of that was replacing the fence.

I can speak to energy independence. Obama had lots of heavy regulations on energy Trump reversed, Obama shut down new drilling on federal lands. Trump reversed Obama’s rules on fracking to recover oil, and Obama would not allow the keystone pipeline. Trump reversed all that stuff and the U.S. reached energy independence and it kept energy prices at bay. But Biden has reversed all that, banning drilling, stopping the pipeline, returning to regulatory burdens, and not only is automobile gas higher but customer’s heating bills this winter will be a sticker shock.

Amy, Trump tried but he was unsuccessful in overturning Obama Care. Mainly due to Sen. McCain’s cross over to vote with the Democrats. Obama Care is still with us.

You write, “I didn’t see Trump remove the unfair taxation of citizens. . . .” Trump was able to cut taxes. It helped fuel the economic boom.

I’m glad Trump was not the brand of libertarian as you describe it. Drugs should not be legalized. It hurts society and wrecks lives.

Amy H
    Participant

At the border, the “wall” being made during the Obama years I would consider a wall and not a fence. I watched part of it being assembled. I get those terms wall/fence can be rather loose. Giant medal stabs in my book are a wall. Building the wall is a hot button political issues and both sides use it albeit differently in an attempt to appeal to their constituents. The metal fencing/wall is replacing older fence as well as being constructed in new areas. Call it whatever you wish.

What I’m saying is trump is NOT even remotely close to a libertarian. The statements I made are libertarian ideals. Trump doesn’t hold those ideals. Hence, listing the few to make a point.

In a free country, one that is truly free, citizens should be able to do to their bodies, and with their bodies, as they wish. Again, a staunch libertarian principle proving trump wasn’t a libertarian.

You made my point for me.

As far as Obamacare, it is in shambles with only a few tenants remaining. It’s gutted and I for one am happy about it.

Cutting taxes, btw, is a short term fix which causes a myriad of long term problems. However, I’m a fan of it because I don’t have children so once I’m gone a won’t care what happens to future generations.

John B.
    Participant

Inside sources say that Joe Biden has an underwear changing moment every day, for no reason at all.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by John B..
    Knobby

Amy, I’m not really sure of the point you’re making with Trump and building a wall. Early in Biden’s presidency he stopped all wall construction. The Democrats in congress fought Trump on building the wall; so, Obama erecting 100 miles of fence doesn’t compare. Obama could have easily built the entire thing whereas Trump was hampered. Congress allocated 700 miles of fence in Bush Jr.’s second term, and Obama built a measly 100 miles in 8 years.

The conservative counter to your statement on the problem of cutting taxes is the government’s lost tax revenue is made back with an increased economy. Allowing people and businesses to keep more of their money boosts the economy resulting in increased revenue from taxes. What Dems used to call voodoo economics is a better tradeoff than tax and spend.

One fault of Trump is he was not fiscally conservative. The increased debt of future generations is due to the spend thrifts in congress, including Republicans who were once more fiscally conservative, but have grown closer to the tax and spend Democrats, although I’m happy to see them opposing the 3.5 trillion pork bill. And that’s the problem (hurting people over taxing them and over spending), not cutting taxes.

The budget was briefly balanced under Pres. Clinton because Republicans controlled both houses of congress with Newt Gingrich as speaker of the House. Bush Jr was not fiscally conservative and Obama doubled the national debt during his 8 years.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by Knobby.
    John B.
    Participant

One million illegal invaders have crossed the border since January.
    One million people with their hands out.
    One million people we know nothing about.
    One million people sucking away the future from American children.

SHANNON D
    Participant

One million and (their extended families) that will vote Democrat..

Knobby

By the end of this year they are predicting 2 million will cross the Southern Border. And that’s a government estimate, which makes me wonder if its more.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/31/politics/migrants-us-southern-border/index.html

Also, its one million arrested so far this year. A lot more get through than are arrested. The one million are only those arrested by the border patrol and then released (flown or bussed to different places).

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by Knobby.
    Amy H
    Participant

The point was it has been built regardless of who’s been in office. It is on going. Both terms, wall and fence, are often used interchangeably. Clearly they should be more clarity in general but that’s a slippery problem with word usage. That’s my point.

I understand the idea and theory put forth by republicans regarding cutting taxes. It’s economics. However, the market is not pure. Capitalism has been constrained too much. If it were truly a free market, that proposal would have a better chance.

John B.
    Participant

$8/gallon gas coming soon? Liberals think that these corporations just suck up the costs without passing them along to the consumer. 😆

https://justthenews.com/nation/states/budget-reconciliation-bill-includes-6-billion-fines-and-fees-oil-and-gas-industry

m99

Well I heard a report over the weekend that at present gasoline is on average $3.81 a gallon. That was coming from the east coast. I don’t know what it is on the west coast, but here in the PNW it’s $3.99 a gallon. My car has great gas mileage and the tank isn’t huge. It was $40.00 even to fill it up yesterday. His on the other hand was $69. Big difference from over the summer, when prices here were lots lower. It was about $40. to fill his truck up then.

John B.
    Participant

Gas prices, inflation, taxes, illegal invaders flooding the country, handed terrorists billions of dollars in military equipment, left Americans stranded in Afghanistan, mandates, cargo ships stacked up waiting to be unloaded… The Biden regime just keeps handing the American people a bowl of s***, one after another. Most of us resist and push it away, but liberals just sit there and gobble it up. Insanity. I’ll NEVER be able to see eye to eye with these people. I can’t and won’t respect anyone that cheers as our way of life is destroyed.

m99

…Taxes, insurance, groceries, entertainment, utilities…

Gumshoguy

Bigfoot Documentary Searching For Sasquatch Chapter 2 – “Jason Kenzie heads back into the deep forests of British Columbia searching for any evidence of Bigfoot. Meet eyewitnesses who claim to have first-hand experiences with Sasquatch.” Check it out: https://bit.ly/3vpDEfH

Jason Kenzie is a cool dude! I met Jason for the first time this past July when we both spoke at the Michigan Bigfoot Conference with Cliff Barackman, Ken Gebhard, Robert Kryder, Adam Davies, Robert Daigle, Shetan Noir and others in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Jason is a very likeable person and has a great sense of humor.

All of the Michigan boys and girls headed north immediately following the conference to spend a week hiking and researching. Jason rode up with the She Squatchers’ group and… me? I did not go. It was a long day and I had a prior committment that required me elsewhere so I went home to make a birthday party.

Britsh Columbia is rife with Bigfoot Sasquatches and my friend Jason brings along a unique combination of experience, humor and skill.

Hat Tips to Wes for including and inviting Jason Kenzie, a stand up dude.

John B.
    Participant

I don’t know about anyone else, but I’d love to see a Bigfoot doing ballet.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 592 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.