Home Forums Sasquatch Forum O/T: Climate Change hoax?

This topic contains 244 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  m99 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 245 total)
  • Author

Gumshoguy

Besides the fact t she was selected and used as a poster child for purely for propaganda purposes to benefit Global Climate Change poster child -a child for Hitler’s WWII Youth Corp; raises a lot of red flags with me and speaks to it’s something sinister undertones and unnatural and unsettling about the motives who
    That girl appears deep under hypnosis. In indoctrinated in a militarized sense.

chris422
    Participant

jj

“With the shades on, she looks like George Soros!”

chris422
    Participant

Everybody loves Spaceballs!

chris422
    Participant

Amy H
    Participant

“Let me add that the warmest periods on Earth are its most productive and has played a part in mankind’s prosperous expansion and development. Increased temperatures leads to increased evaporation and rainfall. Growing seasons are longer and we can produce more food. The more devastating eras are the cooler periods of Earth’s history leading to less rainfall/more droughts, and decreased growing seasons.”

Spot on! I’m glad you said it knobby. The truth is out there and one need not dig long. Climate change is being used as a Trojan horse by the elite liberal left.

chris422
    Participant

vv

chris422
    Participant

jj

Knobby

Amy, I picked that up from listening to Bill Wattenberg. He used to talk about how no one mentions the benefit of this warm period in Earth’s history. He had a radio program and was an inventor and also a nuclear scientist at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. He railed against the environmental movement and their irrational thinking, like putting the dangerous chemical MTBE in gasoline to cut down on automobile pollution and their opposition to nuclear power which doesn’t pollute the air at all.

Knobby

A lot of liberal activist turned on Obama for saying to win the election they can’t show so much of their left leanings. They are using the hashtag #TooFarLeft to hit back at Obama. Jon Cryer wrote on Twitter, “I am #TooFarLeft because I believe that we cannot let greed cause the collapse of the ecosystem that supports all human life on earth.”

In the meme I posted yesterday it talks about how the ecosystem is flourishing. Plants eat CO2, like the warm weather, and the increased rainfall that comes with a warmer Earth.

Steven B
    Participant

Interesting site I found – I have not copied the complete article but you may read it in its entirety at http://joannenova.com.au/2010/02/the-big-picture-65-million-years-of-temperature-swings/
    The big picture: 65 million years of temperature swings

David Lappi is a geologist from Alaska who has sent in a set of beautiful graphs–including an especially prosaic one of the last 10,000 years in Greenland–that he put together himself (and which I’ve copied here at the top).

If you wonder where today’s temperature fits in with the grand scheme of time on Earth since the dinosaurs were wiped out, here’s the history. We start with the whole 65 million years, then zoom in, and zoom in again to the last 12,000 from both ends of the world. What’s obvious is that in terms of homo sapiens history, things are warm now (because we’re not in an ice age). But, in terms of homo sapiens civilization, things are cooler than usual, and appear to be cooling.

Then again, since T-rex & Co. vanished, it’s been one long slide down the thermometer, and our current “record heatwave” is far cooler than normal. The dinosaurs would have scoffed at us: “What? You think this is warm?”

With so much volatility in the graphs, anyone could play “pick a trend” and depending on which dot you start from, you can get any trend you want. — Jo

65 million years of cooling
    65 million years of cooling

5 million years of cooling
    5 million years of cooling

The last 10 millenia
    The last 10 millenia

Amy H
    Participant

For some time, there have been questions regarding if we’re going in-to or out-of an interglacial time period. Meaning, we’re coming out of a cooling period and heading into a warming period, or vice-versa.

There’s some interesting excepts in journals recently about microbes and plants regarding climate change. Those little critters/plants react to minute changes in their environment. They could be helpful predictors for upcoming changes. The problem is the sheer vastness of the data useful for determining impending changes. Frankly, there’s too much of it. Trying to parse out what may be going on is almost impossible. AI might be of assistance in the future. Current models are only as good as the designer and the data fed in to it.

That’s part of the climate change propaganda hoax. The left acts like it’s a totally known and understood situation. It’s not. People are science illiterate and the left play upon that lack of understanding. It’s almost criminal.

If people took a few weeks out of their life to read the literature, they’d start to see the issue more clearly. We don’t know exactly what’s going to happen with the climate. We live in a dynamic equilibrium. And, it’s OK not to know. It’s impossible to know with total accuracy.

Many fields of science are researching and watching. Many are not alarmed because they have a big picture view. Get the 8000 or so research scientists PH.D’s in a room and you’d find, I think, they will all agree the climate is changing. Beyond that, it will turn into pandemonium.

It’s something to keep an eye on for sure, but beyond that, it’s only educated guesses.

I think it’s kind of cool to be in a time where we are able to see, just a bit, of how the earth changes. To be able to monitor and observe is a true feat of science! To predict with any accuracy what might happen from what we’re seeing now….well, we’re a long ways from being able to do that with certainty.

Knobby

Yes, they prey on the science illiterate. But as for scientists they prey on pocket books. Money allocated to institutions, Universities, etc. would dry up if they failed to render the desired results.

Before the global warming alarms some scientists were claiming there were signs of a coming global cooling and possible ice age. The climate change issue is a lot like polls, with polls you can have selective lead in statements/questions that can sway those polled to accept their desired results.

In the climate change debate they can point to selective data and sway people to accept their desired results.

Amy H
    Participant

True that, Knobby!

Sadly, a lot of scientists are for sale. Tenured professors, like Jeff Meldrum, have a fair amount of research freedom in that the university does not usually censure what they research or discover. As long as they can get grant money, it’s usually okay.

However, there are cases where researchers have lost tenured position because corporations sponsoring research did not like the conclusions. The Vioxx fiasco comes to mind. Merck set about to destroy one of the head researchers, Eric Topol. That case is rare because the researchers would not lie. Eric suffered immensely both professionally and personally. He battled Merck and the FDA. Most scientists don’t want or can’t afford to fight. They have families and other obligations. Not unlike the rest of the population. Sometimes the victory is pyrrhic and too much damage can be inflicted.

I too have heard we are heading towards an ice age. Again, though, there are debates about the direct of change.

Wolf
    Participant

An ice age is far more likely than any other option.

1, The planet is overdue for another one and,
    2, The only thing preventing it is the North Atlantic Conveyor Belt current… a massive oceanic current that pulls warm water from southern latitudes way up north and keeps northern latitudes warm as a result.
    Because of the ‘weight’ difference in salt and fresh water all it would take is an influx of fresh water and the conveyor stops functioning. Such an influx could come from melting sea ice caused by a large chunk breaking off and floating free from either the north or south poles.

Many scientists believe it is exactly this type of event that triggers ice ages, perhaps combined with low solar activity.

Knobby

Amy, I understand that a lot of science journals have this problem, being dependent on funding they cater to the money, especially those that depend on huge funding from pharmaceutical companies. There are even claims big pharma guides the AMA, like putting restrictions on doctors prescribing natural remedies since big pharma can only copyright it if they can synthesize it.

The argument regarding all these institutions doing climate research is the same, that those shelling out bucks for the research are climate alarmists, even those entrenched in the federal government are also of that persuasion and will pull the purse strings, and scientists are intolerant of peers who don’t fall in line.

A similar problem exists with bigfoot, except its the “absence” of funding for that research. Moreover, those who entertain that subject cross the line as outcasts among peers. Dr. Meldrum has said other professors at Idaho State University have tried to undermine him, but fortunately in his case he has a president doesn’t succumb to their complaints.

That was not the case for a professor at New Mexico State University that after it became known he took students on a field trip to look for signs of bigfoot he received stern warnings from the president to never look for mythical creatures again.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 245 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.