Home Forums Sasquatch Forum NOVEL CORONAVIRUS Pandemic 2

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 704 total)
  • Author
    m99
    Participant

@denise ~ I Know what you mean! It’s so tiring.

Steven B
    Participant

“My response was “yes, I think it’s a crock of shit though”.”

LOL! 😀 Denise, Denise…you shouldn’t “sugar-coat” things so heavily… 😉

m99
    Participant

That’s East Texas talk, and I completely agree!

Denise F
    Participant

@steven

I know, usually I’m filled with sugar and spice but I don’t think I could handle one more question about it at that moment. Surprisingly, the young guy secretly gave me the thumbs up sign so I figure my statement was broad enough to where he found something relatable to my thoughts on the matter, lol.

@m
    Lol, do they not use crock of shit most everywhere? Lol
    I would think that one is common. Now if I were to have been surprised by something and said
    “Well I guess the sun does shine on a dogs ass every once in awhile!”…..I could see that one being a southern or East Texas one. I guess ya learn something new everyday 😉

Hope that got your mind off of things, M. 😊

chris422
    Participant

Saucy?

Steve E

So based on where we are with the Covid 19, what is your work status?

Working as usual?
    Not Working?
    Working at home?
    Some normal work and some work at home?
    Something else?
    Retired?

I am back to (going in to) work on Tuesdays & Thursdays and working from home the other 3 days a week…

chris422
    Participant

f

Spanky
    Participant

Still working/ nothing’s changed

Debbie S
    Participant

@Steve E nothing’s changed. Retired. Hubby’s part time job to supplement retirement became full time with over time. 🙁 Walmart….go figure. Only they would let their senior employees work like this. Essential…to their bottom line. Because we all know the virus has an uncanny ability to stay out of Walmarts..right?

@chris I saw the CDC’s recommendation for reopening schools in the fall. Are they serious? What are they smoking? To me it is ridiculous. I worked in the school system, I can’t see their “recommendations” being doable at all. Maybe a few. Worse, as I have seen mentioned…what will that do to the psyche of kids? Hoping like crazy that by the time fall gets here a lot has changed for the better. Does anybody even still listen to the CDC? Oh yeah, TPTB do. 🙁

m99
    Participant

@denise ~ Just that you say it with “no reservations”.

@steve E ~ ‘…and working from home the other 3 days a week…’ Mine is working three days a week and then the following two days a week, working on nothing the other days of the week…

Are the people that make the rules so out of touch? I want to see those toddlers wearing masks. Have they NEVER had babies? Whatever.

Denise F
    Participant

@m
    I found out some years ago that too many reservations will kill the fun in most everything. I am always respectful to others and make sure people are safe….other than that I believe in being who you are. If someone doesn’t like me….well I’m not willing to compromise who I am to please another. 😊

@chris
    I’m shocked the kids could be wearing a face mask day in and day out. I tried to wear it through a hair cut yesterday and it drove me nuts.
    *Plus hair sticks to a face mask….not a fun situation.

chris422
    Participant

With my new job for the military, I’m on call 24/7.

Steven B
    Participant

@Debbie F and Chris “@chris I saw the CDC’s recommendation for reopening schools in the fall. Are they serious? What are they smoking? To me it is ridiculous. I worked in the school system, I can’t see their “recommendations” being doable at all. Maybe a few. Worse, as I have seen mentioned…what will that do to the psyche of kids? Hoping like crazy that by the time fall gets here a lot has changed for the better. Does anybody even still listen to the CDC? Oh yeah, TPTB do”

Debbie, you pretty well quoted me, verbatim, without me even posting in response the the guidelines posted…cool!!! Yeah, I saw those guidelines before Chris’s post – I think they know that they near impossible to do and that is the EXACT reason the formulated them as such.

@m and Denise – please realize that I have a very vivid imagination – now I’m envisioning what said “crock” would look like – LOL! -ewwwwwwwwww!

I grew up in Southern Ontario Canada – one of my Dad’s sayings, occasionally, was the “crock of…”, lots of people there just shorten the saying to “That’s a crock!!!”. His other sayings I heard often growing up were, “The door is NOT an ___hole! It won’t close by itself!” and “It (or they) looked like a can of smashed ___holes.” For a man that only went to 8th grade – he has a way with words…

Steven B
    Participant

Something else I’m hearing on the news today. New York’s Cuomo is opening the beaches in time for the Memorial Day weekend. Something that is just bizarre to me – I’m sorry, I’m just a lil ole Canadian Redneck Texas Transplant without a degree – but the rules are “social distancing, masks, and NO SWIMMING or going into the water”.

What a joke! Going into the salt water isn’t going to spread the virus – I doubt it has great survival rate in salt water – AND – it has already been shown that 30 seconds of exposure to sunlight and the virus is TOAST. I’m tired of these megalomaniacs that feel “The people are smart enough to elect me to office but, after that, they are too damned stupid to be allowed to make these kind of decisions for themselves.” Next time it rains over New York, you can assume it’s the tears of the Founding Fathers.

chris422
    Participant

One official said that the no swimming order was for safety. It has to do with emergency services and drowning.

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 704 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.