Home Forums Sasquatch Forum Missing trucker!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Gumshoguy

“So many possibilities but the most recent case in CA is strange since he didn’t park, his truck was blocking the road. Something stop him in the road?”

———————

It the vehicle was operating driveleess it would have crashed but it didn’t. So could it be the driver stopped in the round because of something in the roadway?

Think back to what you know about their movement. One may distract you intentionally to move a group in another direction. There are several examples of drivers looking forward when they should be lookig behind or up along their blind side.

Once they leave the safety of their vehicle and step out for a better look its all over Barney … hook, line and sinker!

Don’t know but I’ve given several examples of similar cons by BF.

BirdMama
    Participant

@Gumshoguy I’ve heard about that too how they will try to distract you. I’ve also heard that people who have accidentally hit them had the feeling they hit a person because they only got a quick look at the BF and to them it looked human for that split second.

Maybe that’s what happens with a lot of these truckers. They’re worried they hit a man or came close to it so they get out of their vehicles to check on the person just to realize it’s not a person at all.

Gumshoguy

Possibly but the driver would have had to stop and park the truck in order for that scenario to work. I didn’t read the full article was the on the side of the road or parked alongside the road anybody?

If he seen something close to the road and decided to stop to get an eye full, then stepped out that’s possible.

If the truck was impeding traffic his disappearance would have been immediate because truckers police truckers and they all have radios and phones not to mention other vehicular drivers.

—————————-

In my whole career I only seen one case where a pickup occupied by three people went driverless before it crashed. That happened when the driver fell out while negotiating a curve and his passengers didn’t even know because they were too engaged in conversation to notice.

The other not even remotely close but strange was a case where the individual was driving along when the steering wheel came off in their hands and it crashed.

Janet B
    Participant

Hey Gum,

I’ve read several articles about this incident, and each gave a slightly different take on how the rig was parked. One mentioned that it was impeding the on-ramp to I-5. The other that it was, “parked”, somewhat on the shoulder. Left me with the impression that he stopped quickly, startled perhaps?…and didn’t manage to do a very thorough job of parking. DOT apparently arrived pretty quickly after it was discovered with the driver gone, and then they proceeded to tow the set pretty quickly. One article said that the Fresno police were now in charge of the search and the incident itself.

Either way, it doesn’t sound like he was out of the truck very long, before he vanished. There hasn’t been any mention of damage to the truck, tho one driver supposedly saw the driver walking back towards the trailer, which had it’s emergency flashers going.

Sounds rather like he must have seen, maybe even hit something, and got out to check?

Depending on what company he drives for, of if he’s an owner/operator, there may have been a camera in the cab of the truck. If so, any, “hard”, bump should have triggered the camera to start recording…and wouldn’t we all like to know what’s on it, if the truck was so equipped. Ev’s truck has a very new camera in the cab, and even a pot-hole can trigger it to record. At orientation, they showed us lots of video that the in-truck camera recorded…it was very, very good in low light/darkness…so if the fellow hit something, and had the camera in cab, it should be on there, as to what he hit…if of course, he did hit anything. I’d be very curious to know if he activated his, “emergency flashers” on the tractor as well.

Seems as tho it’s not getting alot of coverage by the media. Still hoping they find him alive, but being diabetic, that’s going to get difficult as time goes on. The articles did mention they’d checked out the, “canal”, on the west side of the road.

Jan B

Mike D
    Participant

I wonder if infrasound plays a role in any of these ?very strange indeed!

Denise F
    Participant

Mike, I wondered the same thing, if not infrasound, then something else is confusing these people.

Gumshoguy

It was mentioned DOT was involved … if they were indeed involved that would send red flags up. When the state transportation agency becomes involved and not a local jurisdiction that is telling you something.

——————

If it occurred on Interstate -5 I could see CHIP or (California Highway Patrol) involvement and they request towing and impoundment by the governing state police agency du to the road hazard (impeding) and especially if foul play is suspected (impoundment) pending investigation.

If it were broken down a more likely scenario would be the company would pay the towing and storage fees and reclaim their vehicle probably valued at couple hundred thousand dollars plus whatever cargo it contained.

I have heard of drivers who after experiencing difficulties in their personal lives or disuptes with their employer just up leave their rig and walk away. That scenario cannot be excluded and it may be the one issued to public if it cannot be solved.

——

Remember anywhere you travel in the US especially on the Interstate highways there are cameras posted everywhere and everyone is monitored. Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

Gumshoguy

Truck driver struck a BF pulls into a rest area to remove flesh and hair off of his truck

Scared Truck Driver almost got sick, his chest hurt upon seeing BF

BF chasing 7 deer across the road in front of witnesses car

Seen tall humanoid creature standing by a tree behind her when she parked her truck

Sipping coffee when he looked up, had to swerved around the bigfoot with his truck

BirdMama
    Participant

From the sounds of that it seems the BF are notorious for causing accidents, whether intentional or not. But I have to say I don’t think one of them would be willing to injure themselves and take one for the team, so I think it’s just wrong place wrong time scenario.

Not long ago around here a teen got into an accident and claimed he had swerved to avoid hitting a BF. I know exactly where that road is because my boyfriend and I travel up and down it pretty often day or night. I’ve got the music blaring so a BF would hear us coming a mile away and have enough to get out of dodge unless it wants to be seen.

Janet B
    Participant

Hey Gum,

Indeed when DOT gets involved, especially this quickly, it’s a red flag. From what I read, they towed the entire rig just as soon as they could get a tow-truck there, and then it seems had it towed to a un-named warehouse of some sort. Nor normal from what I know.

That leads me to wonder if there was something, “wrong”, with either tractor and/or trailer?

No updates that I could find either, since yesterday, which also seems a bit strange.

No mention either as to whether or not the SAR canines were able to pick up anything, and SAR teams usually like to be credited with their work.

Still hoping and praying the find the gentleman alive but seems as tho that possibility is decreasing with each passing hour.

Passing strange this one is.

Jan B.

Gumshoguy

Yup … the longer I leave this thread the more possibilities arise.

Janet B
    Participant

Hey folks,

Latest update from 4 hours ago says still nothing. The family are begging anyone who might have had a dashcam and was driving on I-5 N, to please check their cams and see if they might have caught the driver outside of the truck. So far, apparently, no luck.

No mention of what DOT might have been looking for, no mention of whether the SAR canines that were originally out searching, had any luck. Police say they have nothing either. They apparently DID drag the canal but came up empty. How far a body might float I have no idea, but figure surely, the authorities must have an idea, and you’d figure a drone camera would, “see”, the body if it’s in the canal. It’s cement based and has cement sides, no vegetation in the canal to speak of that might hang up a body.

This gets weirder by the hour. Feel so terrible for the family…sounds like his wife is having a really awful time of it.

The family did mention that the driver was in the habit of keeping family members appraised of his whereabouts on a pretty regular basis it sounds like.

There are low hills to the west of I-5…mostly used for grazing cattle, and pretty much fairly flat farming areas to the east. Hills are mostly treeless, with lots of erosional features. Hills are probably no more than 400 feet in elevation, if that.
    Odd thing would be, that in order to get to the hills to the west, you would have to cross I-5 S…and that’s the busiest highway in California…lots and lots of truck traffic going both ways. There IS on the west side of I-5 a large reservoir and small lake further northeast of the reservoir.

This whole scenario is totally strange…and I hope eventually, we’ll get to here what actually happened, tho who’s holding their breath on that one?

Jan B

Janet B
    Participant

Hey again…I know, I just can’t leave this alone, it’s making me nutty, (and I was already pretty damned nutty).

Just talking with my hubby Ev, who’s also a trucker. I asked him, given the area, which he’s very familiar with, and the time of night (around midnight), what would induce him to stop and get out of the truck, if anything?

He said, the only thing that would get him out, was if he thought he’d hit someone, and that he would most definately have an obligation, both morally and by law to get out and see if he had, and follow thru with police etc. Other than that…he said, he would NOT get out for any reasons.

One more weirdness I just found. The truck was supposedly entering I-5 and is mentioned as being at Whitworth Rd….only problem there is that there is NO onramp on I-5 at that place. Whitworth Road appears to run in underpass fashion under I-5, and continues north, not being with several miles most of the way continuing north.
    I wonder how the folks in the area are understanding where the truck was supposed to be? Whitworth appears to be a 1 lane either direction…there is NO on-ramp…so where the heck exactly WAS he??????? There IS a DOT weigh station on the south bound side, just a mile or two south of where the truck was supposedly found. Also, at that junction between Whitworth and I-5N, the canal is to the west, probably by 1,500 feet or so. This has me wondering if they are only using Whitworth Rd as something to indicate approx. where the driver was on I-5N…but he sure wasn’t blocking any on-ramp at that junction.

Jan B

Janet B
    Participant

Perhaps sad news this morning. Authorities have recovered a body from the canal near where the trucker went missing. At the point it is said he’s gone missing from, the canal is west of the southbound lanes of I-5..leaving me to wonder, should it actually be the trucker, how he managed to get across the N bound lanes, then across the median, then across 2/3 lanes of S bound traffic, then another 1/4 to 1/2 mile to wind up in the canal.

Makes no sense, and I doubt we’re ever going to learn the full story.

Condolences and prayers to his family and friends.

Jan B

Janet B
    Participant

Small correction to my last post. There IS a much smaller canal to the east of I-5N, looks to be about 3/4 to a mile east of I-5.

Today’s update did not specify which canal, the east or west one the body was found in.

Also, must correct my remarks on whether or not Ev would get out of his truck for whatever reason. He would, of course, get out to check on a malfunction with either tractor or trailer…altho, he’d wake his co-driver to accompany him, and he WOULD lock his doors after getting out.

Jan B

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.