Home Forums Sasquatch Forum OT: miscellaneous thoughts

This topic contains 153 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Denise F 2 days, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 154 total)
  • Author

Paul A
    Participant

@chris422 First, I must state that this is not an attack of any kind. I say this as truthful statements are often viewed as such since the truth disregards opinion, personal desire, or bias of any kind, and disregards the beliefs or necessary acceptance of even the person speaking it.

The priests are telling us the opposite of what you’re saying. I’ve been told murder is murder if it’s not self-defense. The Catechism of the Catholic Church states “in the light of the Gospel” the death penalty is “an attack on the inviolability and dignity of the person” and advocates for capital punishment to be abolished worldwide.

The Catholic Church does not represent the entirety of christianity, nor does it always hew to the teachings of scripture. The inquisitions instituted by the Catholic Church demonstrate this, as they broke then the very tenet you quote that they teach now.

Even the law of moses had the death penalty for various offenses, usually in the form of stoning. Whoever committed such an act was to be taken outside the city, where every person within the city was required to throw a stone at the person. In the old testament, the rule was literally an eye for an eye, or a tooth for a tooth — whatever a man shall do unto you, you shall do back unto him. As far as the individual is concerned, the New Testament distinctly says differently, in that “you have heard it said of old, an eye and a tooth for a tooth, but I say –” at which point Christ teaches us to love and pray for those that do evil to us, and not to resist. Some non-Catholic christian churches even teach against that, sayin you have the right to do this or that, when the New Testament never directly backs the concept up.

The first century Church (no such thing as either Catholic or Protestant at the time) followed the teaching of Christ and his Apostles, which said “prove all things and hold fast to that which is true” (not accept everything you are taught on faith) and also “You have no need that any man teach you, the anointing which you have received shall guide you into all understanding.” (NOT the doctrine that you need a priest/pastor/school to understand whatever.)

Doctrines are a dime a dozen. The church was supposed to teach “that which becomes SOUND doctrine” but even the first century Church wasn’t perfect in that, as Paul said to the church in Rome “because of you the name of God is blasphemed daily”, as well as numerous other doctrines that were not correct, and in most every book he wrote to the “gentile” Churches by name, he pleaded and/or demanded that said Church ignore whatever false doctrines they were teaching/receiving at the time, just as in revelations we see the seven Churches in Asia, which christ talks about by name and claims as his, and he isn’t happy with most of them, unless you count the concept of “repent or else” as indicating happiness and good pleasure.

Understand, I am a Christian myself, though I am not Catholic. This is not intended as a hit piece against your or anyone else’s belief. It is just a statement of truth. When people use scripture, it is easy to forget that the word of God is a double edged sword — it cuts both ways — and god is no respecter of persons (which includes the decrees of what is or isn’t doctrine from laymen, kings, pastors/priests, deacons, elders, Apostles, or the later Catholic Cardinals or Popes or any equivalents).

If something is true, it remains true even if men do not exist to witness it, let alone groups of men agreeing concerning it. Something to think about. Gravity works, so to speak.

chris422
    Participant

I understand man. This is just a discussion. It’s all good. If I’m mistaken, then set me right. I just don’t see how murdering people in state executions is moral. I also don’t understand how abortion isn’t murder. Laws of the land (government) are a lot different than the laws of God. If someone does the sin and they aren’t repentant for it, they will burn in hell. That’s what I’ve been taught and that’s what I understand. A stump is a stump.

IMO:

Now if I understand my history, the Catholic Church was the first organized group that formed a Christian church. It’s the largest group. It also was one of the few groups educated enough in those days to collect and preserve historical and biblical stuff. They’re responsible for the New Testament. And, without it’s existence there would have been no Protestant Movement either. Without the corruption, there would have been no need for protestants. You’d all be called something different and the Church would be considerably smaller.
      If the Catholic Church hadn’t formed, would Christianity be as prevalent as it is today? Regardless of it’s checkered past, it wouldn’t have spread as far and wide without the power and influence that the church had on the nobility and it’s people. True they were corrupt and true a lot of it’s tactics were grounded in fear, but they pushed the Christian faith further than anyone else could.
      Now I’m not talking about who’s better or whatever. I’m just looking at this logistically.

chris422
    Participant

Paul A
    Participant

I think it would be awesome if it wasn’t necessary as well. I do understand why it is necessary, though, even if I do not like the concept. There exist otherwise normal people out there who simply do not value human life, who are not simply sociopaths or psychopaths. For all three types though, the result is the same. Whether you can’t value another’s life, or just simply have no desire to value said life, makes no difference. In those states that follow the death penalty, such a penalty is reserved for those types of crimes.

The question is whether it is more or less humane to lock a man up into a cage like an animal until he dies, or send him to his death. Man has wrestled with this question for a very long time, and to this day there is no clear-cut simple answer. Of the two outcomes, neither is desirable, but one or the other has to be enacted.

chris422
    Participant

The SC Listing of Episodes (with descriptions)

I’m putting here for easy access.

chris422
    Participant

It’s kind of neat.

chris422
    Participant

Talk about feel good?

Steven B
    Participant

Dang, Chris, I’m hurting all over after seeing those gifs 😮

chris422
    Participant

Before you get mad, realize how small we are.

chris422
    Participant

Woman, 56, is arrested for ‘tying up her husband, 61, and cutting off his PENIS’

leaving cops to put the body part on ice before racing to hospital
    Victoria Thomas Frabutt is accused of the kidnap and malicious castration of her husband, James Frabutt
    James, 61, says Victoria, 56, tied him up and used a knife to cut off his manhood
    Cops were called to the North Carolina home on Tuesday before 4am
    James was transported from the Newport home to hospital in Greenville but his current condition is unknown
    The penis was located at the home, immediately put on ice and was taken to medical professionals
    Victoria is being held in jail on $100,000 bond and is due in court Wednesday
    The motive for the castration is still unclear

A woman in North Carolina has been arrested for tying up her husband and chopping off his penis.

James Frabutt, 61, says Victoria Thomas Frabutt, 56, restrained him, pulled out a knife and severed his manhood during the alleged incident on Tuesday.

But the motive for the castration is still unclear.

Victoria Thomas Frabutt (pictured) is accused of the kidnap and malicious castration of husband James Frabutt who says she tied him up and used a knife to cut off his manhood

Cops were called to the North Carolina home on Tuesday before 4am. The penis was located at the home, immediately put on ice and was taken to medical professionals

Chief Detective Jason Wank said officers from the Carteret County Sheriff’s Office responded to a house on Murdoch Road in Newport just before 4am.

The victim was transported from the home to the Vidant Medical Center in Greenville.

Major Wank said the body part was successfully located by law enforcement.

The penis was immediately put on ice and transported to medical personnel.

James Frabutt’s condition is currently unknown, authorities said Tuesday afternoon.

Victoria was pictured looking worse for wear in her mug shot.

She was taken into custody on Tuesday, and booked around 10.45am for malicious castration and kidnapping.

The woman is currently held in Carteret County Jail under a $100,000 bond.

Her first court appearance is scheduled for Wednesday.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7449369/North-Carolina-woman-56-arrested-tying-husband-61-cutting-PENIS.html?ico=pushly-notifcation-small

chris422
    Participant

chris422
    Participant

chris422
    Participant

chris422
    Participant

chris422
    Participant

Stupid Stunt of The Week

How easily an accident can happen!!! hope he was okay !!..😲

Posted by Health & Safety Publications on Monday, June 17, 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 154 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.