Home Forums Sasquatch Forum Invisible Bigfoot?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Lewis S 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Wolf
    Participant

No doubt this topic has been discussed over and over again here but I can’t be bothered trawling through the entire forum to re-awaken an old thread.

As a disclaimer, I personally do not believe in ‘woo’… however I do know anything our minds cannot comprehend is ‘considered’ magic, a fact magicians have used to ply their trade for centuries.

Does the hairy chap have extraordinary abilities by our standards?… you bet. Just like we would have too if we had kept in constant contact with the natural world without the aide of technology to assist our survival. Historical tales abound of ‘native peoples’ possessing what colonising, citified Europeans thought were extraordinary abilities. What exactly have we lost as a ‘race’ of modern humans disconnected as a whole from the natural world and reliant on technology to survive?

Any well trained soldier, especially special forces, snipers, etc, will tell you how easy it is to remain ‘invisible’ simply by blending in and staying still. I personally, have done this in plain, everyday (if naturally-coloured) clothing, right beside popular walking tracks and I am no trained sniper, nor even a hunter (although I have spent all of my childhood and most of my adult life in the bush).

Add to this the fact these animals live 100% in contact with the natural world with no technology to assist their survival… and have evolved over countless generations to suit their habitat, is it any wonder they are attributed with the ability to disappear into thin air?

Another point mentioned on one of Duke’s recent shows was the nature of that long, stringy hair. Not only does it make the perfect Ghillie suit, but apparently the hairs are partially hollow, allowing light to refract and surrounding colours to blend in and through said hair follicles, almost like a natural cloaking device (think Predator).

My own furry friend, my wolfhound cross called Thor, blends in so perfectly in the Aussie bush that if he stops still you instantly lose sight of him. He has dark skin under a mixture of black, grey, and brownish hair. Because he has some German Wire-haired pointer in him he has very little ‘fur’ under his longer hair. This makes his hair act as a scattering tool for the light reflecting off his body, and his hair is not even partially hollow as Duke (or his guest) described.

In short… can Bigfoot disappear and become invisible at will?
    Most certainly, but I personally do not believe it is by stepping into a portal. Possibly infra-sound is used to help disorientate the viewer and aid said disappearance, but IMHO there is no ‘woo’ involved.

Lewis S
    Participant

There are many ways not to be seen as most critters including humans detect movement. Hunters learn, soldiers learn, Ninja wannabes learn and animals learn quick drop flat in a field poof disappeared. The idea that they use “glamour” to hide is in folk lore everywhere. Glamour is more than media image, in fact the Magazine and media use it for the reason of it’s old definition. To create false image or camouflage what is there, this is an old term from magic beliefs of older times and if the old tales are true bigfoot types belong to the spirit world and some chose to remain here while other visit. I offer this as explaination, what you believe is your business. I trust it helps and if you see one become visible or invisible ask your self how?

Amy H
    Participant

I think you’re correct Wolf.
    People who have not spent a lot of time in the woods, learning the woods, don’t understand how critters hide in plain sight. It’s not magic or the “woo. As you said, it’s how people explain things they don’t understand.

Knobby

Wolf mentioned, “Not only does it make the perfect Ghillie suit, but apparently the hairs are partially hollow, allowing light to refract and surrounding colours to blend in and through said hair follicles, almost like a natural cloaking device (think Predator).”

That’s urban legend invented by someone over-thinking. Their hair lacks a medulla or some have a fragmented medulla (I’m not sure that means they are hollow — who came up with that?). Here’s the image of an African human hair with a fragmented medulla (the dark area in the center).

I’ve read that speculation before that sasquatches have translucent hair that melds into their surroundings, but that’s just creative thinking. No one has seen properties like that when examining samples of their hair.

Here are two typical sasquatch hairs examined under a microscope.

None of the hair samples I’ve ever seen first hand have been translucent. Sasquatch hair is actually very human in look, texture and tensility.

Steven J
    Participant

I think the term translucent is a bad attempt at trying to understand a lack of medulla. A hair lacking a medulla CAN be more transparent appearing under certain conditions, like when lit from behind from a light source. But the effect is so small that from a reasonable distance of a few feet it would not be noticeable other than possibly appearing light, flowing, and shiny. (No Clairol pun intended). Lacking a medulla does not make the hair hollow. It is simply cortex the entire way thru. The darker medulla simply adds more solid and pronounced coloring as far as observation goes.

Here is the standard structure of a human hair
    https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Elisabete_Santos/publication/235646318/figure/fig1/AS:196095247425541@1423764158864/Hair-structure.png

Augustine L
    Participant

Polar bear hair is hollow. Their hair is like a translucent and colorless drinking straw. In fact, in zoos in very warm climates, polar bears can have green algae growing inside their hair.

The way the light bounces around makes their hair appear white.

I do not know that polar bear hair being colorless and transparent aids them to blend into any setting that is not white.

If Bigfoot hair lacks a medulla, or has a fragmented medulla in some hairs, it does not mean it is hollow. It more likely means solid but no medulla. However, some people have claimed to see green Bigfoot or Bigfoot with green stuff on them, so who knows.

Their hair might be transparent, like polar bear hair is transparent. Or not.

Bigfoot hairs do not seem to be colorless except perhaps white or gray Bigfoots’ might be, for all I know.

I think that the texture of Bigfoot hair has a lot to do with how well they blend in. Their long, unevenly edged hair breaks up the lines and is a very good imitation of tree barks and hanging mosses.

But some Bigfoot have hair that is shorter, dense and even, kind of like a cat’s. That’s a kind that I have seen.

Lewis S
    Participant

Augustine L polar bears fur is color less acting as fiber optics with their black skin warming the bear. Reindeer/caribou have hollow hair.

Augustine L
    Participant

Lewis, that theory is an old one. If it was like fiber optics, it would be solid, not hollow. Algae grows inside it.

Plus I guess they say they would overheat in their summer. Gooogle that fiber optic thing, it’s not current.

chris422
    Participant

Does sasquatch’s hair change colors like a winter coat?

Augustine L
    Participant

Chris, I don’t think it does, otherwise we’d probably have noticed the pattern–or Gum would have, more like.

I think they gray as they get older, like we do, like dogs and horses do.

Knobby

I think some may undergo a seasonal hair color change from lighter in the winter to darker in the summer. Not all but some. Here’s an article that touches on that.

Evidence Sasquatches Camouflage Themselves

Wolf
    Participant

@knobby… I get a malware warning from that link… Anyone else getting that? I use Yandex as my browser.

I reckon every mammal gets grey as they age, it’s just that most (in the wild) don’t live long enough… which brings me to another question… Any idea how long Sasquatch live?
    I imagine once one’s teeth go they would starve to death.

Lewis S
    Participant

Augustine Could you perchance give the source that says Polar bears have hollow hair, Caribou/ Reindeer I know have hollow hair and polar bears turn a yellowish color in the summer. thye spend a lot of time in the water as well. I was unaware that you are a wildlife biologist.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.