Home Forums Sasquatch Forum Google Maps 'the blur'

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  cyndie r 2 days, 23 hours ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Denise F
    Participant

While looking up a ‘location’ on Google maps the other day I noticed that any dark shape in a forest/woods type area is blurred.

Dark shapes in trees are also. Do they have a program that just ‘blurs’ anything questionable?

*Not just dark shapes, red and browns I’ve seen blurred also

Amy H
    Participant

Interesting….

Augustine L
    Participant

It’s not just any dark place is blurred. It’s numbers and …. faces.

Celia
    Participant

Augustine is right: numbers and faces. The AI likely picked out something resembling faces in those trees. Interesting…

chris422
    Participant

Yeah, right. Last night was a “blur”. Numbers and faces-

Denise F
    Participant

Good deal, Augustine and Celia, that is an interesting thought…. It could be picking up possible faces…..🤔

Augustine L
    Participant

I know because our family was on Google Earth one time, all in the car driving along. Maddie’s face would have been right there, but they blurred it. That Google car is weird looking. A little car with a column on the roof with four cameras on top of the column.

chris422
    Participant

Utah also commented on the blur thing. I just remembered. he also said that google earth picks up anomalies from time to time.

I wish they would make a side window camera that could slow down the recording. That way you could see anything you missed traveling through the woods.

Denise F
    Participant

Alot of times I’ll look at a map and take a peak at the area or streets….you know by strolling down the blue line on those great 360° pics.

As soon as I see some interesting tree structures and other ‘sign’ …..sure enough the blur always interferes with areas I’m interested in looking at 😉

cyndie r
    Participant

When Nathan was encouraging folks to get out and just take a look for sasquatch for themselves, he posted this video where he showed you how to look on google maps for certain things like the woodsy sides of the mountains, and water features and where the woods run right down to street lines etc. One of the things I remember is him saying if you look carefully you can see some of the bigger tree structures and odd conglomerations of wood out on the sides of mountains and stuff. Although most of the stuff is under the cover of the canopy I can recall seeing lots of downed tress etc, especially in Utah. But now when I just tried it again it seems like I cant zoom in enough to see any detail. The ground is not really blurred but the contrast is so that the eye cannot easily distinguish individual trees and such. I find that rather odd. If I remember correctly it used to be fairly high definition. Now its all flat.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.