Home Forums Sasquatch Forum Bigfoot – Swimming?

This topic contains 44 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Gumshoguy 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Gumshoguy
    Participant

Bigfoot – Swimming?

The question of whether or not an animal or bipedal creature such as Bigfoot/ Sasquatch can swim is one that tweaks the interest of many people and among some of the questions most often asked. *Scientist say primates can learn to swim can and become quite proficient. While thoughts of Bigfoot / Sasquatch swimming seem out of the realm of possibilities the truth may be quite the opposite. Physically these creatures are extremely powerful animals with long arms and hands and powerful legs for kicking and their lung capacity to hold their breath is almost unthinkable. If they were human it would probably make them some of the world’s best swimmers.

Source: http://www.sci-news.com/biology/science-chimpanzees-orangutans-swim-dive-01319.html

Still not convinced?

Determining whether or not these creatures swim is accomplished by turning toward those in the best position to answer that question such as anyone involved in aquatic activities closest to the source, i.e. Boaters and Fishermen. Moreover, adding a little bit more credence to idea of these animals being excellent swimmers more knowledgeable Bigfoot enthusiasts postulate the notion that young are acclimated at a very age since as they point out, the females often give birth in watery areas so as to deny predators scent or human intrusion any evidence of their existence.

Bigfoot Swimming – 54 reports
    Boaters Reported Sightings – 84 reports
    Fisherman Reported Sightings – 411 reports

Frankie P
    Participant

I agree! Just see no reason why they wouldn’t be able to since there are reports of them going from island to island, fishing, through rivers and creeks, swamps, etc. Just figures they’d learn that quick. Thanks for the info on the reports Gumshoguy.

SHANNON D
    Participant

In the book “Rain Coast Sasquatch” there is a large number of accounts of them swimming to the islands and such, off of British Columbia and Alaska..

Gumshoguy
    Participant

I read a report, a very short one of a ship and crew somewhere in Gulf of Mexico miles off shore of western Florida and it was stated they observed a Bigfoot Swimming. Now saying that it seems to me I read some reports of people observing them swimming in the ocean of Washington or northern California.

Knobby

Gum, I’ve read many reports of them swimming, even underwater, and I’ve also read the same report of one seen swimming in the Gulf of Mexico out of sight of land. My thoughts are either it knew where it was going or it was in a world of trouble.

They have been seen swimming in the ocean between Vancouver Island and the mainland, and there are numerous reports of bigfoot like creatures on a number of South Pacific Islands that they must have swam to in order to populate.

http://sasquatchresearchers.org/forums/index.php?/topic/908-giants-of-the-solomon-islands-south-pacific/

I’ve read a theory that they use rivers to travel at night. There is no question that sasquatches are proficient swimmers.

Elise B
    Participant

I recall some reports of bigfoot defecating in water. It’s easy to imagine that their poo would be smelly enough to announce their presence loudly to prey and predators, so that would be one way to stay hidden.

That may be one reason they seem to stay near water sources.

Come to think of it, being near water may also have the additional advantage providing an escape route–just jump in the river or wade into the lake to make your getaway.

I feel pretty sure that around here bigfoot use the canals to cruise from the mountains down into the Valley to eat the prodigious amounts of produce grown here. Why walk when you can do a float trip? Cold water does not seem to bother them.

My favorite report describing swimming ‘foots: BF caught on fisherman’s line

I think I recall a report–in Raincoast Sasquatch?–that fisherman on a boat at sea near Alaska saw a bigfoot standing on a log or stump floating in the ocean, just bobbing along.

Steven B
    Participant

There is a place here in Texas – I think it is Canyon Lake (about 3 hours north of McAllen) where a person was finding deer remains that appeared very likely to have been killed and eaten by Squatch – I believe it was posted by Wes in the blog. By the way the evidence was pointing, it appeared that the BF was hiding in the lake close enough to shore that when a deer came to drink, it was within attacking distance for the hiding predator. I can see this – if it had only enough of its head exposed to be able to breathe, to a deer, it would just look like a flooded out tree stump or partially submerged rock. Swimming definitely would not be out of the question considering that Japan has the example of snow monkeys that are very adept at swimming.

Gumshoguy
    Participant

Hey Knobby isn’t that bizarre? The very idea of swimming in the ocean is so intriguing it’s hard to conceive but I’m glad somebody other than me to read it too.

Gumshoguy
    Participant

At Elise – “I feel pretty sure that around here bigfoot use the canals to cruise from the mountains down into the Valley to eat the prodigious amounts of produce grown here. Why walk when you can do a float trip? Cold water does not seem to bother them.”

Interesting to note that when people ask why don’t see them, there is a good chance they travel at night but also navigate the rivers and creeks quite a bit. If there is a long tributary connecting one vast wild forest or state park to another I am of the opinion that is where I would look …

Gumshoguy
    Participant

@steve B – I never heard of that before how interesting is that? I have relatives in Mc Allen, and have myself spent some summer vacations there as a child. I remember citrus groves and a desert like environment but not lakes or caves or anything but that is very interesting Steve.

As a side note: One of the larger portions of the Missing 411 books evolve around swamps, rivers, lakes, creeks and other natural tributaries etc., I wonder why?

Steven B
    Participant

Hi Gum – yes – Canyon Lake – it is north of McAllen by about 3 hours or so. McAllen area is as you describe – there is one webpage where the person described “rock throwing” in one of the wildlife areas in Hidalgo county but he didn’t say which one – which I *want* to know so I don’t have the illusion that I may be in a “squatch-free zone” but in reality I’m not.

FlagStaffer
    Participant

It seems obvious that they swim. If they don’t swim then how did they populate the British Colombian and Alaskan islands? Build rafts and paddles or wait for a favorable wind and use elk/moose hide sails? More likely they swam.

Dave T
    Participant

Elise, that’s one of my favorite reports as well. Totally agree with Knobby, these things are powerful swimmers. That’s why there is so many sightings on or near waterways in my opinion.

Steven B
    Participant

…just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water…

daaa-dum, daaa-dum, dum-dum, dum-dum, dum-dum – dooo-deeeeeeeeeee 😉

SHANNON D
    Participant

Get your azz bit by a shark, or head torn off by a booger…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.