Home Forums Sasquatch Forum Audio from unknown beings interacting in Arizona forest

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Steve K
    Participant

Denise, I am going to do an experiment where I use 2 recorders. One will be set up in voice activated mode and the other will be continuously recording. I will then compare the captures of both recorders to see if they can be used effectively this way. Hopefully the voice activated one can be used as the tipoff. If something good pops up I can refer to the other recorder for the full capture. I’ll let you know what I find out.

Augustine L
    Participant

Dammit, where did my post go?

That audio sounds like a whistled language.

video

Augustine L
    Participant

What if it IS a language and science can learn it? Wow. They’d have to admit they exist for that.

Denise F
    Participant

@steve
    Great idea and yes please let me know how it turns out 👍

m99
    Participant

Good post Augustine, great theory too. There’s more than the average bear with these creatures, and the whistling is one aspect. Thanks again.

lady audio
    Participant

Those are really interesting sounds! Have you tried cleaning it up to reduce the high-end hiss and the low end rumble?

Steve K
    Participant

@ladyaudio
    Thanks for listening. Yes, I have played a lot with this audio using DSP filtering techniques. The version I posted didn’t disturb the high frequency components too much because I wanted to leave the ~9 khz bird (?) chirps intact. The hiss does annoy some people. Being >60 yrs old I find that my ears reduce hiss naturally using well established analog methods 🙂
    Thanks for your comments!
    Steve

Maybe I will publish a more highly processed version. As you know, it often ends up sounding like your head is in a jar if you over process.

Jon W
    Participant

Steve,
    Great recordings!
    I recently (2months ago) ran by Staples and found a few voice activated recorders. I grabbed a Phillips brand and threw a small birdhouse looking shelter together. I drive to a spot where I had been whooped at and stuck it to a tree. I collected it after a week. All I got was me walking away from it and then me when I started removing the recorder a week later.
    Tell us how you protect your recorder and do you need to hide it ?

Steve K
    Participant

@Jon you may want to dig into the manual to check the settings of the recorder. If you are not getting birds chirping or the wind blowing intermittently then you probably have it set up too “tightly ” If it’s in dictation mode it’s expecting really close loud voices or sounds to trigger the recorder. What’s the model you bought. Let me know and I’ll take a quick look at the specs to see what I can suggest.
    As far as placing recorders in the field I conceal them without obscuring the microphones as much as possible. I look for old fallen big trees that have a lot of bark ripped off lying around. I wrap the recorder with one layer of ultra thin light weight plastic (cheap single use table cloth from the dollar store) and place it under a lip somewhere along the tree.I then use bark from the tree to hide it without obscuring the microphones further. Since I leave my recorders out for 10 days at a time I need to make sure that they are protected from the elements as well as from random off trail hikers or hunters.

lady audio
    Participant

That’s cool! I just got Izotope RX and I’ve been playing around with various recordings. It’s super neat to be able to select and remove a beep during a conversation. Love it!

Steve K
    Participant

@lady, that’s a very nice audio tool. It should serve you well.

Denise F
    Participant

@steve
    Have you ever heard things that make you wonder if the area could simply be haunted?

I suppose many of us have that thought at some point.

Steve K
    Participant

@Denise In one of my videos about this audio I coined a term “super EVP” to describe the long interactive nature of it. Whether the sound was leaking through the veil from the other side, other energy systems (dimensions), a small clan of physical Sasquatch sitting nearby or a wondering group of really strange “Steve King-ish” humans who I would not want to encounter we will never know. It is exciting for me to discove these interactions and let my imagination get to work.
    Very good question!
    Here’s the link to the original video (don’t know if you have seen it) where I break down a section of it that pushed the audio into the paranormal realm for me.
    Merry Christmas!

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.